Page 1 of 1

Interfering with Co. subsidiary??

Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:35 am
by deanair
Hi guys

Just a quick question

When I take control of a Co. (75%>) I get an icon in the subsidiary buildings saying that I can interfere in the operations of the sub Co.

What does this actually mean and how do I go about doing this.

Many thanks


deanair

Re: Interfering with Co. subsidiary??

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:10 am
by gbveltman
Hello, I was also wondering about this. Any feedback?

Re: Interfering with Co. subsidiary??

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:19 am
by counting
For over 50% control of shares you can already control AI's capital (cash, stock within regulation, loans, and land selling). Just like the former AI CEO acts as a COO of that "branch" where you can't fire him/her. For over 75% it's just a threshold for merger.

Re: Interfering with Co. subsidiary??

Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:57 am
by gbveltman
Thank you for your response. So there is no plans for one to be able to interfere directly with the operation of individual firms, or change the dividend to make investing in stocks more appealing?

Re: Interfering with Co. subsidiary??

Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:07 am
by counting
Currently no, but you can make suggestion, or a vote and see if other players feel the same way.

I remembered that there was a suggestion about letting players set dividend for subsidiary, I have no idea if develop team ever consider it though.

Re: Interfering with Co. subsidiary??

Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:05 am
by David
The feature for letting the player set the dividend payout ratios of subsidiaries is in the implementation task queue.

As for interfering with subsidiaries' operations, there are no conclusions yet.
There is a discussion forum for this at http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=37 and you may post your ideas there.