The return of Ponzi

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
counting
Level 8 user

The return of Ponzi

Post by counting »

This is purely accidental, but the game breaking ponzi bug returned with a twist.
Return of ponzi.jpg
Return of ponzi.jpg (191.61 KiB) Viewed 434 times
I am not exactly sure how to replicate this bug, but it must need some very specific conditions (I believe you need to acquire an AI factory, rather than build it on your own). The electronic components again able to get an unrealistic price of $9622 and rating 28057 (you can't change it either, otherwise it resets). You also can't do much about it other than artificially inflate your revenue, not actual profit from it, since the product uses the component will result in (-100) price product. However, you can still manipulate your stock price with the old chain warehouses, due to artificially inflated revenue. (And the risk of quick bankruptcy due to delay payment between warehouses)
Attachments
Ponzi_return.rar
(1.63 MiB) Downloaded 119 times
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls
counting
Level 8 user

Re: The return of Ponzi

Post by counting »

I sort of have a theory about how to trigger it again, the key seems to be pausing the game, rework the layout but keep at least one original manufacturing unit link to it's original output units and let the new cheap product flow through them and update the manufacturing recipe. The output will keep the original price instead of the new cheap product price. It's very difficult to test, since so far I can only trigger it just once again when both of them are semi-products, and their price differences are huge enough to tell whether it worked or not. So far the only way to be sure is to use car body price as a clear indicator (however it's very rare for AIs to offer their own car body factories for sales). I'll have to find a better way to test it and see if this theory is correct or not.

Another interesting thing is that since it also break the product rating, sometimes AI will actually buy your super charged semi-product when you turn off internal sale. And actually bankrupt the AI when it pays several billions to you. However, it's purely by chance, and you can't control which and when AIs will suicide their money to you.
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls