Page 1 of 2
Will anyone want to watch live streaming Capitalism Lab?
Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:41 am
by counting
I've been testing my streaming and microphone, and it seems to work fine with the beta. But I wonder is anyone interested in watching other players playing Capitalism live?
Just setup a twitch account for streaming, and curious how many audiences will there be? Or is it more suitable to edit the long hour game play and upload to youtube like Esoteric Rogue's channel.
Re: Will anyone want to watch live streaming Capitalism Lab?
Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:37 am
by tosh
edited version is much more preferable, no doubt.
You can count on this user to watch your videos. just make sure quality is good enough, both tech and content wise
+1
Re: Will anyone want to watch live streaming Capitalism Lab?
Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:24 am
by counting
OK, let's try it. I wonder in what length will it be suitable though. I streaming 2 hours of contents yesterday, the editing will be quite a nightmare

Re: Will anyone want to watch live streaming Capitalism Lab?
Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:37 pm
by Kapseljd
HI,
what is it that your going to show the viewers?
how to start up your company?
strategies?
for example i know how to play, if i do this that happens.. but the why is not always clear to me. i mean then whit within the real world.
What is it that you are going to show us

of course i would watch it edited on youtube.
greets
Re: Will anyone want to watch live streaming Capitalism Lab?
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:35 pm
by counting
Well, I'd like to do some theme let's play. Like mimic corporations in real life business and see how they fare in the game.
As for tutorial purpose, I would probably do a separate series if possible, and right now just try to play a normal game and talk about anything really. Maybe share past experiences in the business world or how to read financial reports? Managing a start-up firm is something interesting I suppose.
I've put my channel links in my signature. If anyone is awake, I'm doing a streaming right now.
Re: Will anyone want to watch live streaming Capitalism Lab?
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:36 pm
by Kapseljd
I definitely will watch.
but ceasar 3 isn't caplab xD
Re: Will anyone want to watch live streaming Capitalism Lab?
Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:02 am
by counting
I am testing different resolution of recording. And it keeps crashing when recording time is over 1 hr. And sometimes the background noise is just too great. I'll try to recording with shorter chuck and upload it to youtube if I can.
(My youtube channel is mainly about Caesar III though, but the twitch is mixed with both)
Re: Will anyone want to watch live streaming Capitalism Lab?
Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:46 am
by Esoteric Rogue
We did an event for
CapLab's release anniversary. (The original webpage was much flashier with fireworks and shit, and had the stream and webchat embedded)
Enlight advertised on the
facebook page, with 3 days notice.
I was streaming on Twitch for 20 hours or so. William was giving away CapLab licenses.
Nobody showed up.
Re: Will anyone want to watch live streaming Capitalism Lab?
Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:08 pm
by counting
Hey, I didn't know that

But I've only been on the forum since early this year, so ...
I've streaming issue to conquer first, and I did watch your youtube videos. I suspect it will not be a large fan base, that's why I am asking

. I wonder if it will be more success if we can make good contents on youtube as series of something with better editing (and somehow involved a few "big weight" youtuber to play the game to promote it)?
Re: Will anyone want to watch live streaming Capitalism Lab?
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:14 am
by Esoteric Rogue
counting wrote:Hey, I didn't know that

But I've only been on the forum since early this year, so ...
I've streaming issue to conquer first, and I did watch your youtube videos. I suspect it will not be a large fan base, that's why I am asking

. I wonder if it will be more success if we can make good contents on youtube as series of something with better editing (and somehow involved a few "big weight" youtuber to play the game to promote it)?
Yeah, I'm obviously not the best broadcast personality. I just click "start streaming" so my couple friends that don't have time to play video games have something to talk about.
Somebody else on this forum tried more directed content on YouTube after I did. He had nice effects. Also seemed to conclude CapLab is not the way to build a fan-base. Ah yes.
KipperKats
However, yes, getting Shenryyr2 or someone to stream this would be huge. He gets 100 viewers when he's offline.
About software: My life got 300% easier when I started using
OBS.