Page 1 of 1

Keyboard Shortcuts

Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:41 pm
by bundyaxl
I got into a new game of Cap Lab lately after a couple months. Playing a new version since last time and I noticed a few changes with the keyboard, not sure if others are getting the same.

1. If numlock is on, I cannot use arrows (independant, not-numpad arrows) to scroll through cities/firms. Works with numlock off. I like to use the numpad to change the gamespeed but if numlock is off you can't use the numbers to change gamespeed and they just double as arrows. The independent arrows used to work without numlock in older versions. Not sure why we need two sets of arrow keys right next to each other?

2. When selecting an item to sell in a store I used to be able to press a letter key to bring me down to items starting with that letter. Helps a lot later in game when there's more supplies and items being sold. Doesn't seem to work anymore.

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts

Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:07 am
by David
We have released patch v2.5.04 which fixes these bugs. You may download the patch from http://www.capitalismlab.com/capserver/ ... 042502.zip

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:09 am
by counting
It seems only fixed for retail stores. For factories to search raw material sources, it's still broken.

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:10 pm
by David
counting wrote:It seems only fixed for retail stores. For factories to search raw material sources, it's still broken.
I tested it a few times and I didn't encounter any problems with finding raw material sources with key search. Could you test it again?

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:31 pm
by counting
Hotkeys now only worked after the "All products" list being open. I imagine it has something to do with now you can "hotkeys" select "All suppliers" and "All cities" list. It used to only worked for products select them in the main list directly using hotkeys as default.

The new hotkeys selection needs extra mouse movement and extra mouse click to open the product class list, then press hotkeys. It seems defeat the purpose of using hotkeys and very awkward.

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:57 pm
by David
I actually was able to do key search without opening the "All products" drop-down box.

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:11 pm
by counting
Hmm, I can't. I've started a new city with newest ver 2.5.2. This doesn't happen in older version.

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:36 pm
by David
The latest version is 2.5.04.

There may be some problem with the auto patch. Please download the v2.5.04 manually from:
http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =10&t=1897

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:54 pm
by counting
Posting this a memory of the update bug :mrgreen:
future 2.5.2.jpg
future 2.5.2.jpg (329.18 KiB) Viewed 1764 times