Page 1 of 2

Merge Options

Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:58 pm
by Cassius
I would like to suggest the creation of an option when we do merge a subsidiary. On my game, I bought 75% of another company, after the merge, I closed down all the firms of that company, but this action resulted in the reduction of my anual payment (75M to 100K). The anual payment returned to normal after 36 months.

My suggestion is to create an option on merge to automatic close down the firms of the merged company, if we have the option to select which type of firm we want to close down it would be nice. This action won't change the anual payment.

Sorry about the english.

Re: Merge Options

Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:25 am
by counting
What do you mean by "annual payment"? Is it annual profit?

Re: Merge Options

Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:06 pm
by Cassius
No, is the payment we define to ourselves in our headquarters.

Re: Merge Options

Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:09 pm
by counting
Cassius wrote:No, is the payment we define to ourselves in our headquarters.
CEO's personal salary? Or perhaps you can post a screen capture to point out what you mean.

Re: Merge Options

Posted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:04 pm
by counting
Cassius wrote:No, is the payment we define to ourselves in our headquarters.
If it's CEO's salary we are talking about, its scale is related to fiscal year net profit. So did the merge and close down process also cost annual profit to drop a lot? I imaging it would, since there would be a lot of write-off.

Re: Merge Options

Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:08 pm
by Cassius
Well, at the same year my profit had lower (from 240M to 100M or so), but only after 36 months I could raise my salary back to normal.

Ex.: 75M -> 100K -> 100K -> 100K -> 75M

Re: Merge Options

Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:10 am
by counting
profit 100M or so is after your salary had been reset to 100k? If so I guess your real profit is probably near zero at the point right after merger (before you close down firms of do anything) consider your previous salary of 75M was around the same level.

Was the income statement reported a real net lost in sales after merger year's December income statement?

Re: Merge Options

Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:52 pm
by Trueheimer
I would really LOVE the option to automatically close down ALL the factories in case of a merger. Or maybe something like "close all factories that are not profitable" or so.
Same for R&D-centers and Real Estate.

Re: Merge Options

Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:53 pm
by Cassius
I upload some pictures to show what I mean. It really has a change on corporate income statement, but after 36 months, the lifetime situation did't change much, but i could raise my salary again. The salary for before and after merge at the same year are the same.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Merge Options

Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:03 pm
by Cassius
Just in case, this game has a difficulty of 343%, with two cities and 30 companies.