Page 1 of 1

demand always falling.why?!

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:46 am
by tosh
Looking at the graph of quantity sold I always see demand falling. at the start of each new retail store I set the price to 0.01 to sky rocket demand and then set it on a price where the overall quality is +2 better than competitors. but after a while, even if my overall rating is higher than the competitors demand start to fall with no reason (or maybe, I miss something?. it's not a recession, since the economy is still booming or on expansion).
And another thing - so when I'm choosing a product to sell at the start I can see that the overall revenue in the city is something like 2-3mil. Than I get into business, start selling the product, most of the times with a higher price than the local competitors and watching that revenue always going down about 20-30%. why that's happen? why when I start to sell my product people stop buying it? it makes no sense. anyone can explain that to me?

Re: demand always falling.why?!

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:53 am
by Esoteric Rogue
tosh wrote:demand start to fall with no reason (or maybe, I miss something?
Only thing I know is that demand for tobacco products is supposed to decrease over time.

Re: demand always falling.why?!

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:27 pm
by tosh
nope. In the current game I'm talking about Toy racing car.
Selling at the start is good, after few months everything seems to drop (no new competitors, just me and the local ones)
I dont know, maybe I'm missing something :\

Re: demand always falling.why?!

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:00 am
by tosh
OK... I found what was wrong. All that time I though the ORANGE bar is the demand and the yellow is the supply and all that time I increased the price to match with damend....buttt...it's the other way around

Re: demand always falling.why?!

Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:33 pm
by lucks
Take a look at the cities overall Demand. There is only that many people in a city that buys a product a month. The number is mostly influenced by Population, GDP, Product-Nessesiaty, Economic-State, and some other factors that i forgot right now.
These people then choose their Store based on Price, Quality, Brand, and OverallRating.

If your storecount can satsify that demand it wouldnt normally make sense to increase the Stores but you can offset the decline in Demand at each Store by TrafficIndex and ChainStoreBonus.

If the Marketshares exceed 90%(your shares and that of AIs, but not the Locals) you shouldnt build more stores.