Page 1 of 2
Stock Bug
Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:00 am
by au8633
When issuing shares to a parent corporation the game crashes
Re: Stock Bug
Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:13 am
by David
We will investigate the problem.
Could you please provide us with your save game by posting it here as a ZIP file attachment and let me know the steps for triggering the bug with the save game?
Re: Stock Bug
Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:39 am
by au8633
Well It has happened since day one that I have had the game and I don't have a saved game of it you can do it in any game it happens all the time.
all you do is keep issuing shares to the parent company make sure you have the value of shares that you are issuing is 50% and just do it for about 4 times and it ends up happening.
Re: Stock Bug
Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:50 am
by David
all you do is keep issuing shares to the parent company make sure you have the value of shares that you are issuing is 50% and just do it for about 4 times and it ends up happening.
I have just tested it using the method you described above - I have issued new issues to the parent company 6 times, each time with 50% price premium. But the error still didn't occur. (as shown in the attached screenshot)
I think there are some specific game settings and conditions that trigger the bugs.
It will be helpful if you could provide a save game (if it happens every time on your computer, you simply create a new game and save it and send the save game file to us.)
Re: Stock Bug
Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:01 pm
by au8633
I Just Kept issuing shares for parallel inc at 50% above value on pause and then the company disappears and a privatize thing comes up in the menu . and then I continue the game and unpause it and it crashes
Re: Stock Bug
Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:27 pm
by David
Please download the latest Capitalism Lab patch V2.4.01B, which is attached with this forum post.
To apply the patch, extract the ZIP file to your Capitalism Lab program folder. You can open your Capitalism Lab program folder by right-clicking on the Capitalism Lab Post-release Beta game icon and select “Properties”, then select “Open File Location” to open the folder.
This patch should fix the bug with issuing new shares. If the problem persists, please let us know.
Re: Stock Bug
Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:36 pm
by au8633
no probs thanks
Re: Stock Bug
Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:50 pm
by au8633
I did what you directed and got a new error
Re: Stock Bug
Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:34 am
by David
We have got this bug fixed in the new patch v2.4.01C. Please download it from this post's attachment.
Re: Stock Bug
Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:00 am
by au8633
Thanks heaps works great