Page 1 of 1

2.3.06: Neg avg cost (Gain/Loss%)

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:22 am
by WilliamMGary
When I buy stock and sell a portion of it should my avg cost be neg for the remaining shares? Also should the Gain/Loss% not be calculated even if I paid -10.67 cents a share?

Re: 2.3.06: Neg avg cost (Gain/Loss%)

Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:10 am
by azxcvbnm321
I think a bug occurs if you acquire the stock holdings of a company you took over or merged with. For me, the average price was set at $0 and the profit/loss became meaningless. I'm guessing that you already had some of that company's stock and then acquired more through a merger. The numbers get completely messed up after that so don't pay any attention to them.

Re: 2.3.06: Neg avg cost (Gain/Loss%)

Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:45 am
by WilliamMGary
No I just brought some stock, let some years past and cashed out a a portion and it went all -neg on me

Re: 2.3.06: Neg avg cost (Gain/Loss%)

Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:38 am
by Esoteric Rogue
I've seen obvious oddities as well in normal play. I haven't recorded the details.