Page 1 of 1

Crash after seaport product becomes unavailable

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:26 am
by carpii
Playing 2.3.05, and a factory was sourcing dye stuff from a seaport.

This became unavailable, so I hopped to my factory to choose another supplier.
At the point I clicked Link Supplier, the game crashed

I wish I could give more info, but I did submit a Windows Error Report to Microsoft (Do developers even get access to these?)

After submitting, sadly the crash log it generated was deleted

Just posting this incase anyone else had the same problem and can shed some light on it

Re: Crash after seaport product becomes unavailable

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:16 am
by Esoteric Rogue
carpii wrote:Playing 2.3.05, and a factory was sourcing dye stuff from a seaport.

This became unavailable, so I hopped to my factory to choose another supplier.
At the point I clicked Link Supplier, the game crashed

I wish I could give more info, but I did submit a Windows Error Report to Microsoft (Do developers even get access to these?)

After submitting, sadly the crash log it generated was deleted

Just posting this incase anyone else had the same problem and can shed some light on it
Windows Error Reports goto to MS, it's no help to Enlight.

What version of windows are you use? I crashed too often on XP64, and haven't crashed since I switched to Win7.

Re: Crash after seaport product becomes unavailable

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:32 am
by carpii
Esoteric Rogue wrote: Windows Error Reports goto to MS, it's no help to Enlight.
Ok, I did wonder whether developers can sign up with MS to gain access to them
What version of windows are you use? I crashed too often on XP64, and haven't crashed since I switched to Win7.
Its Windows XP, 32-bit
I should mention its a VM, although I run lots of complex software in a Windows VM (including compilers etc), so Id be hesitant to blame VMware for it

I need a more detailed crash report for it to be of any use, I know :)

Re: Crash after seaport product becomes unavailable

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:28 am
by David
Please let us know if you are able to re-create the bug. If so, it would be helpful if you could provide the save game file for our investigation.