Page 1 of 1
Game somehow became paused, won't unpause.
Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:09 am
by Esoteric Rogue
In 2.3.04 beta, I was playing with the setting
[SPECIAL RULES]
Constant Game Speed=3
While I was recording my play, I hopped on the forums to look up mansions. When I returned to the game, it appeared pause. By design of the constant speed setting, I cannot change the game speed. Saving and reloading did not fix it.
I had alt-tabbed several other times without problem, so that I was checking the forums is not the cause.
Will be several minutes before I can link the video.
Re: Game somehow became paused, won't unpause.
Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:23 am
by Esoteric Rogue
Esoteric Rogue wrote:Will be several minutes before I can link the video.
More info upon review, it did not happen during alt-tab. play was proceeding normally and it's hard to tell, but I checked to buy a media firm, just check the price and then exit, which I had done previously without issue.
I'll post two links: (My quality when streaming is much worse than the near lossless I do when not streaming.)
http://www.twitch.tv/esotericrogue/c/3353593 960p with advertisment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzZFFrjX41U 720p without advertisment
Re: Game somehow became paused, won't unpause.
Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:31 am
by David
There is a "minimize" icon at the top-right of the negotiation window for buying a firm from an AI company.
If you click on the "minimize" icon, the negotiation does not end yet, so the speed is still paused. When you restore that negotiation window and close it properly by either accepting or rejecting the deal, then the game speed will return to the normal speed.
Re: Game somehow became paused, won't unpause.
Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:02 am
by Esoteric Rogue
David wrote:There is a "minimize" icon at the top-right of the negotiation window for buying a firm from an AI company.
If you click on the "minimize" icon, the negotiation does not end yet, so the speed is still paused. When you restore that negotiation window and close it properly by either accepting or rejecting the deal, then the game speed will return to the normal speed.
Okay, great then, my bad.
But it appear to have lead to another issue. In the video, I saved the game. There is no minimize dialogue to restore when I load the game, so I still cannot resume the case game. I guess either saving has to be prevented at that point, or the save process needs to be made more robust.
Re: Game somehow became paused, won't unpause.
Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:18 am
by David
We will improve this in the upcoming version 2.3.05.