Page 1 of 1
Brand building
Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:40 am
by WilliamMGary
I'm using v2.20.2 patch I switched from Corporate Branding to Range brand (no owned media firms) and I can't figure out how to build my brand. I tried hiring two different CMOs (60, 80 expertise in marketing) and they do absolutely nothing. They set advertising to 0. Use a warehouse with input units and link it to the main center title "Advertising" and I tried different budgets but can only set a maxim of 9 million per unit or it will begin to have negative effect on monthly profits. I just entered Hud Glasses and in some markets can't even get a brand building. When looking at the amount of money spent on marketing it's not evident that it was a worthwhile expenditure in the majority of markets. In some I might have one or two products with a brand of around 50-60 which is really disappointing.
Any branding suggestions?
Re: Brand building
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am
by phakdhew
Maybe you should need to open a more specific same store on the same city where you want to build the brand.
Eg. If you have only 1 leather store on town A, then you have to build another leather store on those town. This is make your products more "known" by your customer.
This tips is also available on the shop screen. Please see the "almost looks like" button near the "DEMOLISH" button, on the top right shop screen.
Re: Brand building
Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:41 am
by WilliamMGary
I eventually figured it out, I switched from Corporate to Range and had a hard time. Not just don't know how to build up loyalty without selling products barely above costs.
Re: Brand building
Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:14 pm
by Etym
FWIW (For What It's Worth) I never had any success with corporate or range branding strategies, and always use separate branding for each product (the 'unique branding' strategy). It's expensive, but it works, and the brand identity keeps its value (once it is established) better than the corporate or range brands, which suffer every time one of your products isn't the best one available - and the negative loyalty penalty affects all products included in the brand, not just the crappy one.
IIRC (If I Recall Correctly), there was a long-running poll on the old Enlight Cap2 forum asking players which strategy they favored, and the vast majority (75% or more) went with unique branding. I'm still new to CapLab, but so far it seems like branding works the same now.
Re: Brand building
Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:54 pm
by WilliamMGary
Unique branding does seem to work better, that the one I used in Capitalism 2 but it's difficult to scale, maybe starting with corporate or rage and once you have the resources then switch to unquie
Re: Brand building
Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:40 pm
by Etym
WilliamMGary wrote:... maybe starting with corporate ... and once you have the resources then switch to unquie
I seem to remember that every time you change strategies, the brand rating drops back to zero. It's like switching from one brand to another in retail - sales volume always drops to zero and you must rebuild it.
Of course, it's been a long time since I tried switching strategies, and never in CapLab. Maybe it works differently now?
Re: Brand building
Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:54 pm
by WilliamMGary
It works the same way.
Re: Brand building
Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:05 pm
by WilliamMGary
My current branding using range in one market
Re: Brand building
Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:19 am
by Etym
WilliamMGary wrote:My current branding using range in one market
Wait. Can you choose different strategies in different markets? For example, range in city 1, corporate in city 2 ...?
Re: Brand building
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm
by WilliamMGary
Etym wrote:WilliamMGary wrote:My current branding using range in one market
Wait. Can you choose different strategies in different markets? For example, range in city 1, corporate in city 2 ...?
No it's company wide. That would be cool though.