Beginner questions
Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:24 pm
Hello,
I just bought the game and I am loving it so far. I have a few beginner questions though. I am having hard time with the basics such as how to price my products and how to operate retail stores, and I am struggling to make a profit. I am playing with the 2.1 beta version.
I usually manufacture a product myself. The usual scenario what happens is that my products have good demand and my sales units have maximum ulitization, but I am still not making very much money.
1. How should I price my products? I usually set it so that my product rating is slightly better than the city average. And I always adjust my price lower at the beginning to increase the demand bar, and raise the price after the product has a solid demand. So the question is, is there any benefit for setting lower prices than this, and getting a significantly better product rating than the city average?
2. Does the 100% utilization of a sales unit work as I understand it to work, meaning the sales unit is selling at maximum capacity, and cannot sell any more regardless of price, product rating and other factors? How can I sell more? I have used training to upgrade my sales units to levels 2,3 or 4, but it has limited effect.
3. Is it better to sell many different products in 1 retail store, rather then the whole store selling just 1 product? I seem to do better when one store sells multiple products. However, even if I have a store which sells just 1 product, and demand is STILL very high, according to my logic that store should still sell a lot since it should be based on demand. So, as long as there is heavy demand, shouldn't 4 sales units of the same product sell 4 times as much as 1 sales unit does?
4. What is a good balance between opening new retails stores / advertising / training existing retail stores to higher level?
Like I said, I am still very beginner, having played only 2 days or so. Thanks in advance for any help.
I just bought the game and I am loving it so far. I have a few beginner questions though. I am having hard time with the basics such as how to price my products and how to operate retail stores, and I am struggling to make a profit. I am playing with the 2.1 beta version.
I usually manufacture a product myself. The usual scenario what happens is that my products have good demand and my sales units have maximum ulitization, but I am still not making very much money.
1. How should I price my products? I usually set it so that my product rating is slightly better than the city average. And I always adjust my price lower at the beginning to increase the demand bar, and raise the price after the product has a solid demand. So the question is, is there any benefit for setting lower prices than this, and getting a significantly better product rating than the city average?
2. Does the 100% utilization of a sales unit work as I understand it to work, meaning the sales unit is selling at maximum capacity, and cannot sell any more regardless of price, product rating and other factors? How can I sell more? I have used training to upgrade my sales units to levels 2,3 or 4, but it has limited effect.
3. Is it better to sell many different products in 1 retail store, rather then the whole store selling just 1 product? I seem to do better when one store sells multiple products. However, even if I have a store which sells just 1 product, and demand is STILL very high, according to my logic that store should still sell a lot since it should be based on demand. So, as long as there is heavy demand, shouldn't 4 sales units of the same product sell 4 times as much as 1 sales unit does?
4. What is a good balance between opening new retails stores / advertising / training existing retail stores to higher level?
Like I said, I am still very beginner, having played only 2 days or so. Thanks in advance for any help.