Page 1 of 1

Option for Government-Owned Primary Industry Firms

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2026 6:29 pm
by takashin7
Hi

I would like to propose a feature request. I understand this might be challenging to implement, but I believe it would add great depth to the game economy.

Currently, governments can own buildings like Media Firms and Apartments from the start of the game. How about adding an option for governments to also own primary industry firms—such as Mines, Logging Camps, Oil Wells, and Farms—that produce raw materials?

Why this would be helpful:
Better Raw Material Supply: In the early game, players heavily rely on seaports for raw materials. With this option, raw materials could be supplied directly to the local market at standard market prices.

Balanced Access: Freight costs and quality would remain consistent with other cities. Since these are government-owned facilities, the market would be open and accessible to everyone at reasonable prices.

Feasibility: While supplying intermediate components (semi-finished goods) might complicate the supply chain logic, limiting government ownership strictly to raw material / primary sector firms seems far more feasible for the current economic system.

Thank you for considering this idea!