Page 1 of 1

Product Type limit

Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2025 10:10 am
by gamingfan20201900
Hi guys,


Is it possible to increase product types limit above 900 products? Is there any script or work around for increasing the product type limit?

Looks like combined product limit of product_types and software_types is 900 and anything above that is crashing the game with product_limit exceeded error.

Re: Product Type limit

Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2025 10:10 pm
by Stylesjl
gamingfan20201900 wrote: Fri Nov 14, 2025 10:10 am Hi guys,


Is it possible to increase product types limit above 900 products? Is there any script or work around for increasing the product type limit?

Looks like combined product limit of product_types and software_types is 900 and anything above that is crashing the game with product_limit exceeded error.
Number of products or product types? I have no idea why you would need more than 900 product types but more than 900 individual products seems plausible. I think RealWorld is getting close to that limit, for example.

Don't know how to get around it though. I suspect you will need to ask the devs to increase the limit.

Re: Product Type limit

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2025 4:03 am
by gamingfan20201900
Stylesjl wrote: Fri Nov 14, 2025 10:10 pm
gamingfan20201900 wrote: Fri Nov 14, 2025 10:10 am Hi guys,


Is it possible to increase product types limit above 900 products? Is there any script or work around for increasing the product type limit?

Looks like combined product limit of product_types and software_types is 900 and anything above that is crashing the game with product_limit exceeded error.
Number of products or product types? I have no idea why you would need more than 900 product types but more than 900 individual products seems plausible. I think RealWorld is getting close to that limit, for example.

Don't know how to get around it though. I suspect you will need to ask the devs to increase the limit.

Yes, real world is close to 900 limit. Right now it is at 756 product types and 32 software types. I have merged few other mods with real world mod and added few more product types of my own like aquariums, fish, pets etc when it crosses 900 products I am getting that error.

Re: Product Type limit

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2025 2:08 am
by David
This was discussed before but increasing the product type limit will increasing the memory footprint for all CapLab players regardless of whether they will utilize the product type limit or not. So it must be kept under a reasonable range so that it won't negatively affect all players.

Re: Product Type limit

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2026 1:15 am
by Karl0002
David wrote: Sun Nov 16, 2025 2:08 am This was discussed before but increasing the product type limit will increasing the memory footprint for all CapLab players regardless of whether they will utilize the product type limit or not. So it must be kept under a reasonable range so that it won't negatively affect all players.
Understandable. But I still hope we could add more items without any error and I was actually planning a mod that will utilize it, may be this could be one in-game option or something like experimental DLC for those want that function? So it will not negatively affect other players