Operating System
Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2025 10:15 pm
Hi, I'm working in a new MOD, and it looks like I'm having an issue creating a new Operating System.
Basically, I want to create 2 new Operating systems, so let's say one will work in Desktop/Notebooks, and the other will be for mobile devices, like tablets/smartphones.
When testing, I was able to go as far as being able to produce the new myOS operating system, in addition to the generic that the AI uses. I'm able to repackage it as a DVD, sell in retail. However, it doesn't show under the OS available in the market (Software Report).
By looking further into the Video Game Mod to see how it was achieve, it says "Note that the software class “Operating System” and software type “Game Console OS” defined in the files should not be modified as they connect with the game engine"
SO I take it the engine only recognizes [OS_PC] and/or [OS_CONSO] (either or both) as possible software type codes for OS under CL_OS_PC
class in Software_type.DBF? or is still possible to create other type of OSs?
any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Basically, I want to create 2 new Operating systems, so let's say one will work in Desktop/Notebooks, and the other will be for mobile devices, like tablets/smartphones.
When testing, I was able to go as far as being able to produce the new myOS operating system, in addition to the generic that the AI uses. I'm able to repackage it as a DVD, sell in retail. However, it doesn't show under the OS available in the market (Software Report).
By looking further into the Video Game Mod to see how it was achieve, it says "Note that the software class “Operating System” and software type “Game Console OS” defined in the files should not be modified as they connect with the game engine"
SO I take it the engine only recognizes [OS_PC] and/or [OS_CONSO] (either or both) as possible software type codes for OS under CL_OS_PC
class in Software_type.DBF? or is still possible to create other type of OSs?
any help is appreciated. Thanks!