CapLab Post-Release Beta V6.4.06 full version installer

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
TianYa

Re: CapLab Post-Release Beta V6.4.00 full version installer

Post by TianYa »

David wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:13 am
TianYa wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:48 pm 中文人物名字显示不了,英语可以。
This has been fixed in the latest version 6.4.01. Please download it from: http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =10&t=7467
可以正常显示了
souravbaid270

Re: CapLab Post-Release Beta V6.4.01 full version installer

Post by souravbaid270 »

what is new in this version (V6.4.01)?
Any bug fixes?
Pat_theBrat

Post by Pat_theBrat »

Hi David,

Many most welcomed features in this release. I'm particularly happy with price synchronization, the Factory Capacity Modifier and the UI improvements.

I have 2 questions;

1) I had taken the habit of delegating retail management to my COO because price adjustments were quickly getting out of hands. How will it work now with price synchronization ? For example: If I set the price Synchronization on retail and delegate stores to my COO. Will he make a price decision for all stores selling that product or will his decision override the synchronization setting ?

2) Now that we can adjust factory capacity, Is it possible to also adjust the Warehouse capacity ?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

souravbaid270 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:24 pm what is new in this version (V6.4.01)?
Any bug fixes?
It fixes a bug with displaying person names when user-translated text is applied.
David

Post by David »

Pat_theBrat wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:48 pm 1) I had taken the habit of delegating retail management to my COO because price adjustments were quickly getting out of hands. How will it work now with price synchronization ? For example: If I set the price Synchronization on retail and delegate stores to my COO. Will he make a price decision for all stores selling that product or will his decision override the synchronization setting ?
The price synchronization will affect stores managed by the COO as well. But the COO will increase/decrease the price, overriding the price change, if he/she thinks that the new price is too high/too low.
Pat_theBrat wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:48 pm 2) Now that we can adjust factory capacity, Is it possible to also adjust the Warehouse capacity ?
Under what circumstances do you think you would want to increase the warehouse capacity? Currently the warehouse capacity is already quite large.
Pat_theBrat

Post by Pat_theBrat »

Thanks for the clarification on price synch.
David wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:57 am Under what circumstances do you think you would want to increase the warehouse capacity? Currently the warehouse capacity is already quite large.
I had some issues with the Real World mod when trying to merge production of 3 mega factories into one large Warehouse. The Warehouse can't seem to keep up with the pace of production and becomes a bottle neck. I can try to recreate the problem and share a save file.
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

How about adding a "distribution centre" that has twice the capacity of the large warehouse. In addition, the distribution centre could feature multiple floors (like shops). Should only ever need a few of those really per city and I'd mod it if I could.....David any way to do that ?
David

Post by David »

Pat_theBrat wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:24 pm Thanks for the clarification on price synch.
David wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:57 am Under what circumstances do you think you would want to increase the warehouse capacity? Currently the warehouse capacity is already quite large.
I had some issues with the Real World mod when trying to merge production of 3 mega factories into one large Warehouse. The Warehouse can't seem to keep up with the pace of production and becomes a bottle neck. I can try to recreate the problem and share a save file.
Since this issue is mod related. The logical approach would be to request the mod author to add a mega warehouse to the mod.

But if you think there is a general need for modifying warehouse capacity, I would recommend that you create a poll for your suggestion to gauge the community's interest in it. There would be a higher chance that the dev team will implement them if the interest level is high.

You could see some examples of the polls in the Suggestions forum at http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14
Letoric

Post by Letoric »

It seems as though the script line for enabling multifloor retail has been disabled/broken. I have tried scripts as simple as just that line and it still does not work.

Script contents:
[HEADER]
Title=Custom Game
Description=Game customized to my preferences
Mod=Test1

[ENVIRONMENT]
Retail Store Type=Many
// Retail Store Type=<One, Many>
David

Post by David »

Letoric wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:46 am It seems as though the script line for enabling multifloor retail has been disabled/broken. I have tried scripts as simple as just that line and it still does not work.

Script contents:
[HEADER]
Title=Custom Game
Description=Game customized to my preferences
Mod=Test1

[ENVIRONMENT]
Retail Store Type=Many
For multifloor retail, please use:

Retail Store Floors=<One, Multiple>
Set it to ‘Multiple’ to allow for setting up multiple floors in a single retail store.

The following is for the retail store type (department store only or many store types)
Retail Store Type=Many