Page 3 of 3
Re: Bug: Land Costs and AI's selection of land
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:20 pm
by baz
I'll do that, Shall I put a poll on beta or on general? Would it be possible to have it as an option or would it be one or the other?
I do agree with what you said and I did think of that, but then if it decreases the population you get no real advantage as then you have to build it back up and land value soares over time.
It would only be an advantge, if you had loads of money anyway, and you would of bought the company as the stock price would of been very low, and then it would be a bargain.
I haven't seen the land value decrease but I haven't played the game over a long period. Does the land decrease aswell?
Re: Bug: Land Costs and AI's selection of land
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:26 pm
by David
I'll do that, Shall I put a poll on beta or on general? Would it be possible to have it as an option or would it be one or the other?
You may put a poll on the general forum. It would be one way or the other.
I do agree with what you said and I did think of that, but then if it decreases the population you get no real advantage as then you have to build it back up and land value soares over time.
It would only be an advantge, if you had loads of money anyway, and you would of bought the company as the stock price would of been very low, and then it would be a bargain.
There is a case where the housing supply greatly succeeds the demand originally. In such case, the disappearance of some apartment buildings may bring the supply closer to the demand. But cases do vary from game to game.
I haven't seen the land value decrease but I haven't played the game over a long period. Does the land decrease aswell?
Yes, it may decrease under an economy with deflation.
Re: Bug: Land Costs and AI's selection of land
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:14 pm
by baz
David wrote:I'll do that, Shall I put a poll on beta or on general? Would it be possible to have it as an option or would it be one or the other?
You may put a poll on the general forum. It would be one way or the other.
I just need to clarify one thing before making the poll. Are we talking keeping the apartments and commercial and they goto private use that can be resold later or are we talking keeping everything ie industrial, retail etc?
Re: Bug: Land Costs and AI's selection of land
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:43 am
by David
Are we talking keeping the apartments and commercial and they goto private use that can be resold later or are we talking keeping everything ie industrial, retail etc?
I personally do not have a preference on this.
Perhaps we can seek comments form other CapLab players on this forum first as other players do not have access to CapLab yet.