Page 2 of 2

Re: Game getting slow

Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:44 pm
by mrbcap
David wrote:When you open a report, like the manufacturer's guide, the animations in the background are already disabled.

I ran a game for 2 hours with the manufacturer's guide opened, the game advanced 100 years within that 2 hour period.
David, how can you play the game if you run it for two hours with the manufacturer's guide window open?
I can do that too, but I can't play.

Here is one of my saved games. Let me know if it runs fast and smooth on your computer. If yes, then I have an issue with my computer.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/79388549/MRB__001.SAV

Re: Game getting slow

Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:34 am
by mwyeoh
David wrote:When you open a report, like the manufacturer's guide, the animations in the background are already disabled.

I ran a game for 2 hours with the manufacturer's guide opened, the game advanced 100 years within that 2 hour period.
So does that mean the cause of the slow games (When no windows are open) are all the animations then?
I guess when we get further into the game, there are more farms, more factories and in larger cities, more pedestrians and cars.

It never bothers me though, since I never play on maximum speed setting

Re: Game getting slow

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:44 am
by Purifier
I opened up mrbcap's savegame.
The speed of the days switching on speed 5 is the same as in early games speed lvl 3 (about...) But the animations of the cities are the same (so high speed). The money changed a couple times a day though (the changing in RL time looks to be in the same speed as early games on speed 5)

So my conclusion is that everything but the changing of the days is in late games the same as early games on speed 5 .
This means this is the game engine doing it, my logic suggests, to compensate for the more micromanaging you'd usualy have to do in late games.

Btw these are my pc specs to compare for you:

Intel core(tm)2 quad core Q9650 (3Ghz)
4gb RAM
Amd Radeon HD6970 (2gb ram)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

This configuration is bout 3-4 years old (apart from the graphicscard which is bout 2 years)