Enhanced Import Company Feature in upcoming version 11.0

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Enhanced Import Company Feature in upcoming version 11.0

Post by David »

The Import Company Feature will have the following enhancements in the upcoming major version 11.0.

-You will be able to import natural resources.

-You will be able to use Knowledge Points to unlock any items you want.

-Added the new option "Import Volume Modifier". You use this slider to modify the volume of all import transactions.

For more details, please check out the new Import Company web page: https://www.capitalismlab.com/import-company-v11/
Attachments
Import-settings.png
Import-settings.png (142.46 KiB) Viewed 583 times
import-knowpoint.png
import-knowpoint.png (659.49 KiB) Viewed 583 times
import-items.png
import-items.png (189.53 KiB) Viewed 583 times
import-02.png
import-02.png (242.23 KiB) Viewed 583 times
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Enhanced Import Company Feature in upcoming version 11.0

Post by cantdownloadit »

Looks nice, personally I would like to see an option for enabling all imports (and exports) available instead of knowledge point system.
for instance early game when your not making many products, or if your looking for one specific import, you may end up waiting a very long time to for that deal to come up.

I also think the import company would work better in reverse...
that is.. i put out an order for product X - then i receive a number of "offers" to sell me that product, which i can choose to accept, or leave the order longer in the hope of a better offer.
If i was a business and i needed coal, i wouldnt wait until i saw a sign advertising coal for sale, i would be contacting coal sellers and asking them to sell me coal...
These users thanked the author cantdownloadit for the post (total 2):
Dav3, Gamechangernation
Dav3
Level 4 user

Post by Dav3 »

cantdownloadit wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:33 am Looks nice, personally I would like to see an option for enabling all imports (and exports) available instead of knowledge point system.
for instance early game when your not making many products, or if your looking for one specific import, you may end up waiting a very long time to for that deal to come up.

I also think the import company would work better in reverse...
that is.. i put out an order for product X - then i receive a number of "offers" to sell me that product, which i can choose to accept, or leave the order longer in the hope of a better offer.
If i was a business and i needed coal, i wouldnt wait until i saw a sign advertising coal for sale, i would be contacting coal sellers and asking them to sell me coal...
I agree with the option without knowledge points, maybe as a script command to turn them off for the import and export companies.
Also the idea of getting offers as a import company would make sense from a logically viewpoint yes.
Stylesjl
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Stylesjl »

I like the look of these changes. Importing Raw Materials, checking for any imports that can't be found locally (does that also account for Internal Sale as well, since you can't buy those items?) is also great.

Two suggestions:
- Add another button next to the Unavailable Locally button/dropdown that will filter for either Raw Materials/Semi-Products/Consumer Products only.
- On the difficulty settings add a few checkboxes (maybe a single button that brings up three checkboxes if space is an issue)

Allowed Import Types:
1) Raw Materials
2) Semi-Products
3) Consumer Products

That way you could further customise the Import Company to either only have Raw Materials or Semi-Products (or both) or only end Consumer products (or all three).