comments regarding some of the features added in CapLab Post-Release Beta 6.4.02

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
Yimmy
Level 3 user

comments regarding some of the features added in CapLab Post-Release Beta 6.4.02

Post by Yimmy »

David:

Thank you for implementing some of suggestions so quickly. F4 now saves me the trouble of having to use it every
time I select suppliers.

The firm description on hover works well for retail firms. Can this be expanded to include factories, farms,
warehouses and raw materials firm types?

Synchronization help implies that it works for the same product across the same firm types in the same city. This
works well for retail, and for factories, but I found that my warehouses get synch'ed with my factories. Can this
be modified so that warehouse firm types don't change with factories? (I would still like to see warehouses
synchronized in the same way retail and factories are modified.)

The factory modifier is a great improvement. Can the factory modifier be applied to farms and warehouses as well?
(Large factories quickly eat up leather and wool farms, even at 200%. I haven't tried anything greater than
that, but at 500%, I suspect all farms will need to be replicated often.)

One, huge downside to the factory modifier is the impact on raw materials resource firms. It is easy to burn
through resource types quickly -- especially logging camps and gold mines -- at just normal factory size. At two
hundred percent, one busy bed factory can bring a logging camp to its knees -- even with seven logging units and
two sales units. I could use the unlimited resources script option so I don't have to keep replacing resources
constantly, but that doesn't resolve the issue with supply meeting demand. My only suggestion for this is to
apply the factory modifier to raw materials firms. Would this option help each logging unit produce more logs
than it does currently?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: comments regarding some of the features added in CapLab Post-Release Beta 6.4.02

Post by David »

Thanks for your feedback.
The firm description on hover works well for retail firms. Can this be expanded to include factories, farms,
It is already done in the current version.
Synchronization help implies that it works for the same product across the same firm types in the same city. This
works well for retail, and for factories, but I found that my warehouses get synch'ed with my factories. Can this
be modified so that warehouse firm types don't change with factories? (I would still like to see warehouses
The issue has been fixed. Please download the latest version 6.4.03 from http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =10&t=7467
The factory modifier is a great improvement. Can the factory modifier be applied to farms and warehouses as well?
Regarding the capacity modifier, what factory capacity modifier value did you use in your game?
Yimmy
Level 3 user

Re: comments regarding some of the features added in CapLab Post-Release Beta 6.4.02

Post by Yimmy »

David:
I mentioned in a previous post that
You replied
It is already done in the current version.
I am using 6.4.03 and still do not see firm description for factories, warehouses and raw materials firm types.

with regards to
you replied
The issue has been fixed. Please download the latest version 6.4.03 from http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =10&t=7467
I did use the 6.4.03 from the url you provided. The warehouse still synchs with the factories.

You also asked me
Regarding the capacity modifier, what factory capacity modifier value did you use in your game?
I was using 200% for factory modifier. I suppose I could reduce my usage of large factories and increase the modifier to 300%. Then I just use small and medium factories which is still good because it reduces the larger footprint factories.

Question: How does the AI COO handle synchronized pricing? Typically the AI COO likes to selectively adjust retail prices for different stores of thee same type. Would the synchronization feature confuse it?

Note: I looked at the changes listed in 6.4.05, but didn't see any reference to the fixes for hover and synchronization.
David

Post by David »

I just tested it again and it is working - please see the attached screenshot.

Maybe you could verify if your game's version number by looking at it at the top-right of the main menu and see if it is the right version.
Attachments
factory des.jpg
factory des.jpg (413.76 KiB) Viewed 1584 times
Yimmy
Level 3 user

Post by Yimmy »

David:

I believe I have discovered why I wasn't seeing the firm description for any firm type other than retail. (I am using 6.4.05 now.) The probable reason that I wasn't seeing firm descriptions for factories and others is directly related to the zoom factor I use when I move the mouse to hover over a firm. Firm description shows up for me on all firm types when I use zoom factor 2 or 3. At normal, no zoom, I am unable to see any firm descriptions except retail. Not sure why; can this be fixed?

Thank you for being so responsive.
David

Post by David »

Yimmy wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 3:49 pm David:

I believe I have discovered why I wasn't seeing the firm description for any firm type other than retail. (I am using 6.4.05 now.) The probable reason that I wasn't seeing firm descriptions for factories and others is directly related to the zoom factor I use when I move the mouse to hover over a firm. Firm description shows up for me on all firm types when I use zoom factor 2 or 3. At normal, no zoom, I am unable to see any firm descriptions except retail. Not sure why; can this be fixed?

This will be fixed in the next version 6.4.06.
David

Post by David »

I did use the 6.4.03 from the url you provided. The warehouse still synchs with the factories.
I just tested it in 6.4.05 and confirmed that it works as intended - factory prices do not sync with warehouses.

Could you please test it again?