Seeking feedback to the road building and demolition experimental feature

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab

Does it lead to any potential game exploits?

You may select 1 option

View results

David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Seeking feedback to the road building and demolition experimental feature

Post by David »

Since version 6.2.02, you could carry out road building and demolition as an experimental feature. For details, please see below.

It was implemented in response to the community's request at http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =14&t=7107

Now we would like to seek you feedback after you have a chance to test it.

The dev team need to make sure that it won't lead to any game exploits before releasing it as an official feature.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An experimental and unsupported feature: Building and Demolishing Roads.
To activate, first enable the cheat mode: https://www.capitalismlab.com/improvements/cheat-keys/

Then press ALT-R to open the Road Editor, while you are viewing a city whose mayor is under your control.

Please note that this is an experimental and unsupported feature and it may or may not exist in the future version.

The current implementation is an extremely basic version where you must build and demolish one tile at a time. It may be developed into a full feature depending on its gameplay implication and the reception of the community.
Attachments
Road editor.png
Road editor.png (1.21 MiB) Viewed 1543 times
VRBones

Re: Seeking feedback to the road building and demolition experimental feature

Post by VRBones »

I'm currently on 6.2.0.4 beta and the road builder doesn't come up after entering cheat mode. Since it mentioned it being an option for the mayor in the linked poll, is this requiring DLC too?

Here's some things off the top of my head that it should be able to withstand:
- Roads removed completely to make space for more buildings (should check for building adjacency and decline road removal)
- roads removed with only one tile left behind to provide adjacency for buildings (should check all buildings for connectedness to city centre when removing roads)
- Roads removed to demolish / punish AI buildings by above
- crosshatch roads built through AI-owned open space to deny building on land

- If building on player owned-land is possible and land is resumed to the city, potential embezzlement by forcing buyback of unwanted land, or artificially pumped land.
- If building on player owned-land is possible and land is retained by player, potential embezzlement by selling land afterward if roads impact land prices.

- Roads built to optimally provide maximum land cost refund (cul-de-sacs into open space) using land developer strategy
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

VRBones wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:41 pm I'm currently on 6.2.0.4 beta and the road builder doesn't come up after entering cheat mode. Since it mentioned it being an option for the mayor in the linked poll, is this requiring DLC too?
Yes, it is required. You could only edit roads when you are in control of the mayor of the city.
xbffltm

Post by xbffltm »

If the city's mayor is already a member of my party, setting up a city block may prevent the AI from expanding itself (such as releasing the greenbelt only when I build it).

For that reason, the effect of road construction itself on the AI side is likely to be negligible.

I present new ideas as a way of opening roads.

ㅇ At the start of the game, the road will only exist in the area designated as the main street. And when you build a building, the road will automatically appear and disappear like a border around it. In that case, I think it will be possible to eliminate the annoyance caused by not being able to build a building that is not the right size for the block woven according to the shape of the road.