Buying and selling lands

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
Inarius
Level 4 user

Buying and selling lands

Post by Inarius »

Perhaps i don't know how, but how can you buy lands to somebody ?

I mean, I there are some lands around one of my shops. I am ready to pay for them, but I can't even make a bid for it.

Is there a mechanism to buy lands to other players ?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Buying and selling lands

Post by David »

The AI currently basically holds on to their land plots and will never sell them.

If you think there is a need for a new feature that make AI willing to sell their land, you may discuss the pros and cons here, we will consider this as one of the new features to be implemented in a future version.
mwyeoh
Level 6 user

Post by mwyeoh »

My intention is not to hijack this thread, but to give some evidence.
I am 19 years in to my current game, and the city of Palermo is now full- I cannot build any retail centers anywhere near the city as it is full of farms, R&D centers and factories
However you will note that there are some empty 'bought' pieces of land available.

It would be nice if either the AI sold them to us, or farms, R&D centers and factories were not built so close to the city (As per my earlier thread)
Attachments
cityfull.jpg
cityfull.jpg (852.45 KiB) Viewed 1279 times
cityfull2.jpg
cityfull2.jpg (779.59 KiB) Viewed 1279 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

It would be nice if either the AI sold them to us, or farms, R&D centers and factories were not built so close to the city (As per my earlier thread)
Let's discuss this.

From the AI's perspective, do you think it is better for the AI to hold on to the land, preventing you (the competitor) from expanding to the area you want, and also enjoy land asset appreciation in the long run?
Bigs
Level 2 user

Post by Bigs »

Withou having had a go at the game yet (I'm at the country house atm), I feel that it's a bit strange to have farms in a city centre to begin with... ;)

AI companies can put firms for sale, why shouldn't they be able to put land for sale aswell? The strategy of keeping a competitor off excellent spots in a city is good, but sometimes maybe the land could be sold for a nice profit aswell, especially in a city center in a booming town...
HansOlav
Level 3 user

Post by HansOlav »

I don't like farms in the city. Could be forbidden to build farms if customer index is over x points?
Inarius
Level 4 user

Post by Inarius »

Factories are also built very close from the CBD. It's something we already discussed but it's quite true. After 30 years, the city is completly "destroyed", with all residencials area out of the city, and factories /R&D in the former center.
It's quite weird
mwyeoh
Level 6 user

Post by mwyeoh »

Is it possible for something similar to the "premium" formula to always be applied to farms and factories, but to be incrementally scaled up according to how much the land value is above the "base price"?

A huge price tag increase would surely inhibit anyone from wanting to build farms/factories near the CBD