Suggestion for new FAQ Topic - Playing Offline

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
melman74

Suggestion for new FAQ Topic - Playing Offline

Post by melman74 »

I go on the road sometimes and enjoy playing this game especially when spending tedious hours in the airport waiting on delayed flights. If the airport charges a lot for wifi connection I may not want to pay for that but will still want to play the game.

I noted once when my home internet connection wasn't working that there are certain functions not available when a connection to the server cannot be made. Could you please explain in detail either here or in an FAQ or both what is and is not available when you are playing offline. Thanks.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Suggestion for new FAQ Topic - Playing Offline

Post by David »

Actually, when you are offline, you still can load a saved game and have access to all the features without any restrictions.
Didymus

Post by Didymus »

Just a quick post to tell you 2 things:

1. This game and the stuff you guys from Capitalism lab added is awesome (even if a better look could bring more people here)

2. I absolutely hate to pay (20€ ><) for a (solo in my case) game, and not being able to play offline. I had a trip in train, thinking "oh yeah, i'm gonna play this game, it's gonna be fun", and being stuck on the menu screen, with not even a proper text saying why clicking on buttons wouldn't do anything, made me super sad! I felt like i've been tricked. Now that i've internet for 2 hours, I understand why.
I've now noticed I can start a game, and then load it in offline mode. Don't even know if there is still this 1hour limit I've seen on some other posts.
Anyway, I wouldn't recommand this game just for this reason. Seriously guys, I felt like "20€ for an old game reworked, ok well i'm gonna pay this, those guys look super passionnated". Now I just feel bad.
David

Post by David »

For your information, while you are playing the game, if you lose your Internet connection:
1) If your Internet connection resumes within one hour, you will not notice anything.
2) After one hour, if you are still offline, Capitalism Lab will run in the limited mode which only allows for loading saved games. Since you are playing an existing game, this will not affect you.

In addition, it is possible to load a saved game when you are offline. So essentially, when you do not have access to an Internet connection, you could still play the game using the above method.
I've now noticed I can start a game, and then load it in offline mode. Don't even know if there is still this 1hour limit I've seen on some other posts.
Actually there is no 1 hour limit in the current version. You can play any saved game as long as you wish in the offline mode.
Didymus

Post by Didymus »

Thank you David for this information.
One little thing you could do though, might be to display an error message when the user tries to create a new game in offline mode.
In order to explain why the click doesn't work. (because when it happens, the user doesn't have internet to understand) It would avoid the frustration I've experienced during 10mn.
David

Post by David »

Thanks, I will forward your suggestion to the dev team.