Unfair starting budget (1.982 & 1.983)

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Unfair starting budget (1.982 & 1.983)

Re: Unfair starting budget (1.982 & 1.983)

by Purifier » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:58 am

Hyronymus, this feature is there since some time (maybe even cap 2, so far as i can remember). When on same setting, AI corps. do have much more money to start with. Hence why real estate focused AIs can buy up quite some land at the start of a game.

Re: Unfair starting budget (1.982 & 1.983)

by Keither » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:50 pm

It's fair game since you, the player, are smarter than AI. You also have the option set your competitors starting cash. You can hire officers and take advantage of their expertise while AI can't.

Unfair starting budget (1.982 & 1.983)

by Hyronymus » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:32 am

I found an unfairness in the startup budget:
Unfair starting budget.jpg
Unfair starting budget.jpg (449.41 KiB) Viewed 769 times
When I choose my and my competitor's starting budget very high they receive a few hundred million as a starting budget where I only receive 100 million as a starting budget. I know I can increase it by issuing shares but it's rather unfair :).

Also, wasn't there a way to specify the amount of shares you owned in earlier versions of Capitalism?

Top