by mwyeoh » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:18 am
Hi David
Although I still really like this game, I feel that late game, the game does lose its appeal especially when we are manually setting up 5-8 retail outlets (per city), multiple warehouses and 5-10 factories for each product line. And when we have 20-30 product lines, thats (assuming 4 cities) 20-30 retail firms, 30-40 warehouses
Monitoring and changing prices has been considerably improved with the "Apply all" options, but the setting up is a pain.
I still definitely think that work needs to go into improving this aspect of the game.
The best way is to be able to duplicate firms. This way, we can set one up and just duplicate it multiple times. (As per the suggestion I made earlier). An expansion to this would be linking duplicated firms so that changes to one firm would change them all. However this could potentially present problems and if implemented there should be an option to link or not to link. OTTD (Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe) has implemented this well in sharing vehicle orders- You can choose to just copy orders or link orders
Also, in general I have found the AI less competitive in this game, although the chain stores have made them more of a force when they are established. The AI does not seem to be able to set up many profitable lines as they outprice themselves and/or a significant portion of the profits are spent on advertising (Which makes media firms very successful)
I would really like to find out how the AI are going in kie99's game as he has alot of product lines.
Hi David
Although I still really like this game, I feel that late game, the game does lose its appeal especially when we are manually setting up 5-8 retail outlets (per city), multiple warehouses and 5-10 factories for each product line. And when we have 20-30 product lines, thats (assuming 4 cities) 20-30 retail firms, 30-40 warehouses
Monitoring and changing prices has been considerably improved with the "Apply all" options, but the setting up is a pain.
I still definitely think that work needs to go into improving this aspect of the game.
The best way is to be able to duplicate firms. This way, we can set one up and just duplicate it multiple times. (As per the suggestion I made earlier). An expansion to this would be linking duplicated firms so that changes to one firm would change them all. However this could potentially present problems and if implemented there should be an option to link or not to link. OTTD (Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe) has implemented this well in sharing vehicle orders- You can choose to just copy orders or link orders
Also, in general I have found the AI less competitive in this game, although the chain stores have made them more of a force when they are established. The AI does not seem to be able to set up many profitable lines as they outprice themselves and/or a significant portion of the profits are spent on advertising (Which makes media firms very successful)
I would really like to find out how the AI are going in kie99's game as he has alot of product lines.