by kazenorin » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:43 am
mwyeoh wrote:kazenorin wrote:Below are some prices for your reference:
Silica: $55M, $62M, 70M, $90M, $90M, $100M, $100M; Average: $81M
Chemicals: $84M, $100M, $110M, $125M, $125M, $140M, $172M; Average: $122M
Oil: $106M, $90M, $87M, $134M, $94M; Average: $102M
Coal: $14M, $10M, $11M, $15M, $12M, $13M, $11M; Average: $12M
Iron: $10M, $9M, $10M, $7M, $7M, $9M; Average: $9M
These are usually the sort of prices I see
They definitely are expensive to begin with, so at the beginning to get any of those resources, we have to rely either on seaports or an AI starting a mine on one of those
Ive never really gone into mining in a game so I dont know what sort of income streams they offer. Might have to play around with it and see how I go
Relying on seaports, that's what I figured.
Though with the setting "1 Seaport per city, 1 non-constantly supplied low-quality product per seaport",
seaports aren't that viable,
they rarely produce raw materials long enough to support long term manufacturing,
not to mention that they might not stock silica and chemical minerals at all...
In the setting of my game,
AIs struggle for existence like fish,
most fail to survive and a few does...
The few usually are those to rely on farmed products...
So none invests on mining raw materials like aluminum, silica, CM, gold, silver...
Making it impossible to enter the manufacturing of most industries.
[quote="mwyeoh"][quote="kazenorin"]Below are some prices for your reference:
Silica: $55M, $62M, 70M, $90M, $90M, $100M, $100M; Average: $81M
Chemicals: $84M, $100M, $110M, $125M, $125M, $140M, $172M; Average: $122M
Oil: $106M, $90M, $87M, $134M, $94M; Average: $102M
Coal: $14M, $10M, $11M, $15M, $12M, $13M, $11M; Average: $12M
Iron: $10M, $9M, $10M, $7M, $7M, $9M; Average: $9M[/quote]
These are usually the sort of prices I see
They definitely are expensive to begin with, so at the beginning to get any of those resources, we have to rely either on seaports or an AI starting a mine on one of those
Ive never really gone into mining in a game so I dont know what sort of income streams they offer. Might have to play around with it and see how I go[/quote]
Relying on seaports, that's what I figured.
Though with the setting "1 Seaport per city, 1 non-constantly supplied low-quality product per seaport",
seaports aren't that viable,
they rarely produce raw materials long enough to support long term manufacturing,
not to mention that they might not stock silica and chemical minerals at all...
In the setting of my game,
AIs struggle for existence like fish,
most fail to survive and a few does...
The few usually are those to rely on farmed products...
So none invests on mining raw materials like aluminum, silica, CM, gold, silver...
Making it impossible to enter the manufacturing of most industries.