by Inarius » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:10 pm
I have played now a little, and can give my opinion on it :
I think that I can separate my comment in 3 parts :
- First, you reshaped the game. New graphics, products. The game is not "ugly" anymore (i'm not playing a game because it is beautiful, not AT ALL, I love dwarf fortress :p), and what you added, even if I haven't tested everything, makes it fine. Somebody who would see me playing wouldn't say anymore "wow, what is THIS game ?" This game is fun (it was fun before,too).
- Secondly you added many things. Macro economy is good. Even if it's still very simple and not extreme (I haven't seen any negative inflation yet, or extreme crisis, and the fact that the economy is the same everywhere is pity, because it would be much more interesting). New products are good. R&D disruption is a good idea, even if it needs rework (IMHO, though).
It still lack many "small" things. We should discuss of all of them. Small examples. One ? You should add also training disruption, because nobody is "eternal" level 10. With time, if you don't invest, your level is slowly lowering. Other example ? Inventory management. In Real Life logistics is capital but in this game it nearly doesn't matter (and that's why i nearly never use warehouse whereas IRL they are very important). But some things (and Beta is here for that, i suppose !) needs polishing. Not many. You have done a very good work and the game can nearly be sold as it is. But if you want a real realistic game (even if still as a game), there is much to do, in my opinion.
With this game, i have understood things that I never understood before. I think that this game is a very good way to understand the basis of corporate, finance, marketing, etc. It's the best game of management, and should be used to help students (I had a "corporate game" as end-year exam, and it was much less complex than it)
- Thirdly, I think that if you want to sell this game to more people (even people interested in the topic), something HUGE is lacking. We have already discussed about that, but i think you should think about it. Many people today are interested in economy, finance because of the crisis and what happen around. And what are people talking about ? AGENCY RATINGS and BANKS (for the latter, playable or not). However, these two major features doesn't exist in the game, or very simplified.IRL they play a very important role in the capitalistic system. What about central banks lending money to banks, evolution of liquidity ratio (like Bale III), change in the rate of your company which leads to a change of your loan rate (and your stock price).
Everybody talks about subprime crisis. But it doesn't exist in cap2. It's really a shame because this game is very very both interesting and complex, but the lack of these features will limit its development in sales (in my opinion).
So I can't vote "no", of course. But i can't vote "yes" either.
I have played now a little, and can give my opinion on it :
I think that I can separate my comment in 3 parts :
- First, you reshaped the game. New graphics, products. The game is not "ugly" anymore (i'm not playing a game because it is beautiful, not AT ALL, I love dwarf fortress :p), and what you added, even if I haven't tested everything, makes it fine. Somebody who would see me playing wouldn't say anymore "wow, what is THIS game ?" This game is fun (it was fun before,too).
- Secondly you added many things. Macro economy is good. Even if it's still very simple and not extreme (I haven't seen any negative inflation yet, or extreme crisis, and the fact that the economy is the same everywhere is pity, because it would be much more interesting). New products are good. R&D disruption is a good idea, even if it needs rework (IMHO, though).
It still lack many "small" things. We should discuss of all of them. Small examples. One ? You should add also training disruption, because nobody is "eternal" level 10. With time, if you don't invest, your level is slowly lowering. Other example ? Inventory management. In Real Life logistics is capital but in this game it nearly doesn't matter (and that's why i nearly never use warehouse whereas IRL they are very important). But some things (and Beta is here for that, i suppose !) needs polishing. Not many. You have done a very good work and the game can nearly be sold as it is. But if you want a real realistic game (even if still as a game), there is much to do, in my opinion.
With this game, i have understood things that I never understood before. I think that this game is a very good way to understand the basis of corporate, finance, marketing, etc. It's the best game of management, and should be used to help students (I had a "corporate game" as end-year exam, and it was much less complex than it)
- Thirdly, I think that if you want to sell this game to more people (even people interested in the topic), something HUGE is lacking. We have already discussed about that, but i think you should think about it. Many people today are interested in economy, finance because of the crisis and what happen around. And what are people talking about ? AGENCY RATINGS and BANKS (for the latter, playable or not). However, these two major features doesn't exist in the game, or very simplified.IRL they play a very important role in the capitalistic system. What about central banks lending money to banks, evolution of liquidity ratio (like Bale III), change in the rate of your company which leads to a change of your loan rate (and your stock price).
Everybody talks about subprime crisis. But it doesn't exist in cap2. It's really a shame because this game is very very both interesting and complex, but the lack of these features will limit its development in sales (in my opinion).
So I can't vote "no", of course. But i can't vote "yes" either.