Poll : Owning several parent companies

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here

What option do you like ?

The game suits me
8%
Manage several parent companies at the start of the game.
25%
When creating a subsidiary, leave the option of NOT hiring an AI but yourself.
42%
Be able to hire a person not controlled by an AI
8%
Be obliged to spend a certain amount of time in one company and another in another.
8%
After a given time, the game returns to the past to test other strategies.
8%

Total votes: 12

paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Poll : Owning several parent companies

Post by paulwoman »

I can imagine a game where you only have to manage one parent company that owns subsidiaries. I can imagine a game where the player has to manage several parent companies. Where the player has to manage one parent company and the AI looks after the subsidiaries, the player should look after several parent companies at once.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Poll : Owning several parent companies

Post by cantdownloadit »

my main preference with this is, that the player should not lose the game if they lose control of there parent company, if they have funds, they should be able to found a new company - as the AI's do
Stylesjl
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by Stylesjl »

cantdownloadit wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:49 am my main preference with this is, that the player should not lose the game if they lose control of there parent company, if they have funds, they should be able to found a new company - as the AI's do
I like this particular idea. I think it would be pretty cool to focus more on the 'Person' aspect of the game, as right now there is not much incentive to really care about your own person that is in charge of the company. Once you lose it, you are forced out but a second chance to start over if you have some money seems interesting.

For the OP:
I think it is interesting to control multiple parent companies but I think in practical terms the existing subsidiary system is already enough for controlling multiple companies. It just seems like a lot of extra effort for something that is already mostly in the game.
mdemircan2
Level 4 user

Post by mdemircan2 »

Stylesjl wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am
cantdownloadit wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:49 am my main preference with this is, that the player should not lose the game if they lose control of there parent company, if they have funds, they should be able to found a new company - as the AI's do
I like this particular idea. I think it would be pretty cool to focus more on the 'Person' aspect of the game, as right now there is not much incentive to really care about your own person that is in charge of the company. Once you lose it, you are forced out but a second chance to start over if you have some money seems interesting.

For the OP:
I think it is interesting to control multiple parent companies but I think in practical terms the existing subsidiary system is already enough for controlling multiple companies. It just seems like a lot of extra effort for something that is already mostly in the game.

I agree with your opinion.
rafaeltodero
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by rafaeltodero »

Stylesjl wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

For the OP:

I also agree with you.

The only thing I really wish is that if you went bankrupt, you could start a new company. Sometimes I feel like selling all my businesses halfway through the game and starting all over again, but without creating a new game. And that is not possible.