How to avoid running out of space to build in cities?

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
mantis616

How to avoid running out of space to build in cities?

Post by mantis616 »

I'm using Modern World 2 mod with all DLC enabled. I love the mode, but it has massive production chains and I keep running out of space to build factories. Method I'm currently using to avoid this is to start with 1-2 cities and then when there's not much space left I establish a political party and create a new 200x200 city and move on to the next one until that is filled as well.

What are your suggestions for using the maps more efficiently so you don't run out of space to build?
Stylesjl
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: How to avoid running out of space to build in cities?

Post by Stylesjl »

Some things you can try:

- Take over the city government and optimise the road network, you often don't need as many roads as you need, sometimes demolishing roads and moving around buildings can help you fit in additional structures.
- Zoning controls - you can try limiting the amount of zoning for certain structures like farms or factories so they are forced to go to other cities.
- Game settings - increase Commercial/Apartment capacity - less buildings = more room for other stuff.
- Fewer competitors - more competitors will build competing and redundant factories/stores for the same products so less of them helps you to save space.

Those are some of the things I do anyway.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: How to avoid running out of space to build in cities?

Post by cantdownloadit »

Factory Capacity Modifier=500 in script maybe too, so you need less factories making same thing