How to turn off alert messages?

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
mantis616

How to turn off alert messages?

Post by mantis616 »

Is there a way to modify(like only alert me when a mine is exhausted etc.) or completely turn off the alert messages? Especially for R&D. They are kinda annoying in my experience.

I'm using the latest post-beta version(10.0.0.3) btw.

In the news section there are two sides; at the lower section only "special news only" is selected(as something has to be chosen there) and at the upper side nothing is chosen. I still get R&D related alert messages. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: How to turn off alert messages?

Post by David »

Where did you see alert messages? At the bottom of the screen only or somewhere else also? Can you provide a screenshot?
Stylesjl
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by Stylesjl »

I think it is partly this. If I uncheck this option the notifications for R&D don't go away (instead you get a sound alert and the message for R&D completion still appears at the bottom):
R&DUnchecked.png
R&DUnchecked.png (395.96 KiB) Viewed 100 times
Also that part where is says your Blazer is complete also still appears even when you turn all news off:
NewsOff.png
NewsOff.png (29.23 KiB) Viewed 100 times
Since R&D Messages are very common this can be a bit irritating as they tend to crowd out the other, more important messages (disrupted supplies, etc).
mantis616

Post by mantis616 »

David wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:37 am Where did you see alert messages? At the bottom of the screen only or somewhere else also? Can you provide a screenshot?
Right here
Attachments
capitalism.lab.notification.jpg
capitalism.lab.notification.jpg (1.12 MiB) Viewed 55 times