Updated version still getting error codes.

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
moneytheory
Level 4 user

Updated version still getting error codes.

Post by moneytheory »

This really getting annoying. I updated RW to 12.6 Cap version 9.1.55 and i am still getting Firmarrays errors. See screenshots and link for save game. I cant play the game any further and no point in starting another when i will get the same error. Please ASAP.
https://ufile.io/w4e0dffl
Attachments
IMG_0049.jpg
IMG_0049.jpg (4.09 MiB) Viewed 496 times
IMG_0048.jpg
IMG_0048.jpg (3.47 MiB) Viewed 496 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Updated version still getting error codes.

Post by David »

I’ve downloaded and run your game up to Dec 1, 2007 but no error occurred. Please see the attached screenshot.

Please download patch v9.1.56 which will automatically save the game when the error occurs, so that you could provide the save game with the error to us.
Attachments
nocrash-1.jpg
nocrash-1.jpg (798.57 KiB) Viewed 412 times
moneytheory
Level 4 user

Post by moneytheory »

Hi David, the error occurred in 2027 not 2007. I downloaded 9.56 patch and see link for save error. https://ufile.io/wafy7krp
Attachments
IMG_0050.jpg
IMG_0050.jpg (2.81 MiB) Viewed 406 times
moneytheory
Level 4 user

Post by moneytheory »

Hi David, will there be a patch out today? as i cant go any further until a patch is released.
David

Post by David »

I followed up with the programmer on this. He told me that this bug wouldn't happen in the vanilla game but in your game, there are over 90,000 products (counting all brands from all AI companies in all production/retail outlets) as you are using the RealWorld mod and there are many cities in your game. All these push the game to its limit. It is fairly complicated issue that caused the crash and it will take time to fix.

Also, could you please provide the exact for triggering the bug with the save game you provided (ErrorSave)? You may load this ErrorSave and test what need to be done in order to trigger the bug. Thanks.
moneytheory
Level 4 user

Post by moneytheory »

David wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:15 pm I followed up with the programmer on this. He told me that this bug wouldn't happen in the vanilla game but in your game, there are over 90,000 products (counting all brands from all AI companies in all production/retail outlets) as you are using the RealWorld mod and there are many cities in your game. All these push the game to its limit. It is fairly complicated issue that caused the crash and it will take time to fix.

Also, could you please provide the exact for triggering the bug with the save game you provided (ErrorSave)? You may load this ErrorSave and test what need to be done in order to trigger the bug. Thanks.
It happens when just running the game and it will crash though if you click on the mouse it will also crash.
David

Post by David »

moneytheory wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:47 pm
It happens when just running the game and it will crash though if you click on the mouse it will also crash.
The programmer tested your game game but it didn't crash. Where on the screen did you click on the mouse? He will need to know the specifics in order to trigger the crash on his computer.
moneytheory
Level 4 user

Post by moneytheory »

Sorry David the Clicking of the mouse dosent seem to cause the game to crash. Just running the game and it will crash and they seem to crash on different dates. I have made to videos see link here. https://ufile.io/f/8y2fv
David

Post by David »

The bug has been fixed. Please download the new patch v9.1.57 from https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... f=7&t=9210
moneytheory
Level 4 user

Post by moneytheory »

David wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:58 pm The bug has been fixed. Please download the new patch v9.1.57 from https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... f=7&t=9210
Thank you for the patch. Did the videos help the developers?