Company departments

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here

Which suggestions would profit the game more ?

1st, 2nd & 3rd suggestions
88%
1st & 2nd suggestions
No votes
3rd suggestion
No votes
not needed
13%
see comments
No votes

Total votes: 8

Shamalau12

Company departments

Post by Shamalau12 »

Hello,

I am thinking about these suggestions for a while but I don't know if other people will find it useful.

1. Let an option for the factories to be classed by the product class they use (i.e the Drugs factories, Apparel factories etc from a company) in the Firms menu just like we have a filter for internet companies.

2. Be able to class the products from a company by product classes in Corporate Details -> Products (it gives better informations on profits, margins etc and can be used to further evaluate the worth of a company department as stated below on a quick glance). A simple slider would be needed.

3. Have the product classes be "departments" from a company. Regroup all firms, be it factories, research centers etc under the product class they operate and label them, for example, "[Company name] Semi-products Department". Let it have its own indication of net worth, profits, revenues etc (you can just take the data from the Products menu). Let companies be able to bid on a competitor's department. Let it affect stock prices if needed, or be only doable if the buyer has a certain % of stocks in the company. You could also be able to sell a whole department to other companies after a merger, or transfer them easily to your subsidiaries. It would need a little menu to the side of the Products or Firms menu of a company.

Why ? Because some companies deal in all kinds of product classes and end up with market shares in different areas, like a diversified company mainly dealing in grocery stores beginning to produce and sell automobiles. If I am playing an automobile company, and I want to buy out the competition, I'd rather be able to buy its automobile department than the whole company, costing 100x more. Sometimes, you can never force a competitor out because they just have billions to pour in from other revenue streams.

Currently, mergers are huge after a certain time of playing and it could help solve the problem too.

I don't know if my explanations make sense, english isn't my mother tongue.
Stylesjl
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Company departments

Post by Stylesjl »

Yes, this would be quite useful I think. Especially if the department would have something like:

Automobiles
All semi products that directly relate to automobiles such as Car Body, Engine and Wheel & Tire. Might be trickier for others like Steel or Plastic since they are also used elsewhere.
Maybe the R&D as well (buildings and the tech itself)?