Translate of the audio

This forum is for those of you who are interested in localizing the game text in Capitalism Lab into your native language on your own
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Translate of the audio

Post by paulwoman »

It seems to me that the game says at one point

"The central bank raises the interest rate".

Is there any way of removing the voice and replacing it with a version of the target language for all sentences of this kind? It seems to me that the tutorial also has this option.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Translate of the audio

Post by David »

I have good news to share that the dev team plans to create speech for major languages. They will be available in the LANGUAGES folder which translators can later modify if they wish.
David

Post by David »

David wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:37 am I have good news to share that the dev team plans to create speech for major languages. They will be available in the LANGUAGES folder which translators can later modify if they wish.
Update: Speech for news and events has been added to those non-English languages that have all or most of the text translated in the latest full version installer v9.1.07. You may download it from the top post of this thread: https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... =10&t=9145

Please note that only the full version installer v9.1.07 has the new speech. The patch v9.1.07 does not include it.
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by paulwoman »

Which site and which method was used to generate the voice? The voice speaks very well in French. There's just one small problem with the INVENTION_COMPLETE.mp3 file, where the voice should say the two letters more quickly, or better still say the whole word.

Is it possible to do the same for the tutorials?

The Portuguese seems to have been done with the French sentences.
rafaeltodero
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by rafaeltodero »

The audios that are in the Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta\languages\Portuguese folder

They are not in Brazilian Portuguese.

I would really like the audios to be translated into Brazilian Portuguese as well.

obs: I did all the translation of the game into Brazilian Portuguese, so it is important that the audio is also in Brazilian Portuguese.
David

Post by David »

rafaeltodero wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:26 am The audios that are in the Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta\languages\Portuguese folder

I would really like the audios to be translated into Brazilian Portuguese as well.

obs: I did all the translation of the game into Brazilian Portuguese, so it is important that the audio is also in Brazilian Portuguese.
Please download the latest full version installer v9.1.08 from the https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... =10&t=9145
It has the new speech in Brazilian Portuguese.
David

Post by David »

paulwoman wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:05 pm Which site and which method was used to generate the voice? The voice speaks very well in French. There's just one small problem with the INVENTION_COMPLETE.mp3 file, where the voice should say the two letters more quickly, or better still say the whole word.
Please download the latest full version installer v9.1.08 from the https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... =10&t=9145
It has the new speech saying the whole words.
Is it possible to do the same for the tutorials?
Yes, the dev team plans to create speech for the tutorials in French too.
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by paulwoman »

By the way, does the game allow you to say that you've completed more than one target?

There is a few change to do for a few files

The files headhunt_R : Un employé de votre centre de recherche et développement a été recruté par un concurent
RADICAL_RD_FAIL : Votre projet de recherche et de développement a malheureusement échoué
RADICAL_RD_SUCCESS : Votre projet de recherche et de développement est un succès.
SUPPLY_RELINKED : Le lien a été rétabli après une rupture d'approvisionnement.
TALENT_RESIGN_R : Un employé de votre centre de recherche et de développement a démissionné
torajiro
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by torajiro »

Hi, I will report on the speech file regarding Japan.
I have reported two corrections regarding "Announcements, Events and News."

But I also listened to all the speeches that were added to the scenarios and tutorials.
Then there were 64 speeches that needed to be corrected.
I will be verifying the details, but it will take a few days.

what Speech file creation services do you developers use?
If it is free I would use that.
rafaeltodero
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by rafaeltodero »

David wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:19 pm
rafaeltodero wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:26 am The audios that are in the Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta\languages\Portuguese folder

It has the new speech in Brazilian Portuguese.

Thank you very much David, the audio was very good.