Energy Companies, Industry dominance cap, futures (energy and commodities)

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
Anathelus

Energy Companies, Industry dominance cap, futures (energy and commodities)

Post by Anathelus »

Oil/Coal/Gas can be extracted from the ground and refined into fuels that power stations can use to provide power to the city. This is missed entirely for some reason, energy companies would be very profitable and if my commodities idea is included, you can tie the price of energy to this. And additionally invest in mining, energies futures. In fact why not expand futures to include the foodstuffs too?
I think if power requirement for buildings was added to the game, it would add another layer of challenge to the CES DLC, or maybe this could be a standalone DLC altogether where power requirements are a setting which the player can switch on or off. There should also be a modifier for minimum building requirements, energy price controls and perhaps a CAP on how much of an industry a company can dominate (additional restrictions for CES perhaps). We only have exclusion of an industry/item, but there should be a anti-monopolies interface to stop players from steamrolling the competition just because they were the first to set up in the industry. I find that if I place a telecomms building in the very first moments of the game, I will dominate the industry from thereon so long as my price is competitive, same with retail, banking or insurance. Of course it makes sense but in real life there are monopolies laws that prevent entities from owning too much of a dominant share in an industry that should remain competitive.

Please let me know what you think, I would be grateful if you could provide feedback
mdemircan2
Level 4 user

Re: Energy Companies, Industry dominance cap, futures (energy and commodities)

Post by mdemircan2 »

Anathelus wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:31 pm Oil/Coal/Gas can be extracted from the ground and refined into fuels that power stations can use to provide power to the city. This is missed entirely for some reason, energy companies would be very profitable and if my commodities idea is included, you can tie the price of energy to this. And additionally invest in mining, energies futures. In fact why not expand futures to include the foodstuffs too?
I think if power requirement for buildings was added to the game, it would add another layer of challenge to the CES DLC, or maybe this could be a standalone DLC altogether where power requirements are a setting which the player can switch on or off. There should also be a modifier for minimum building requirements, energy price controls and perhaps a CAP on how much of an industry a company can dominate (additional restrictions for CES perhaps). We only have exclusion of an industry/item, but there should be a anti-monopolies interface to stop players from steamrolling the competition just because they were the first to set up in the industry. I find that if I place a telecomms building in the very first moments of the game, I will dominate the industry from thereon so long as my price is competitive, same with retail, banking or insurance. Of course it makes sense but in real life there are monopolies laws that prevent entities from owning too much of a dominant share in an industry that should remain competitive.

Please let me know what you think, I would be grateful if you could provide feedback
Hello
I like your opinion,
it's a good idea to factor in energy costs,
I think you should create a poll about it...