Banking Improvements

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
mansamusa

Banking Improvements

Post by mansamusa »

Currently the bank is lackluster in terms of its operational and revenue potential. In the game the bank is only limited to net interest margining as its primary and only source of income. However, in reality a large majority of retail bank's financial statements identify transaction income at about 50% of their revenues. This is a large part component of revenue that is missing from the game. To implement this in the game I would suggest that you set a low fixed effective rate on the total deposited amount for simplicity's sake or you can give greater control to the players in setting the fees just like the deposit rate.

Additionally, banks have an investment banking division that allows them to invest the excess deposits in securities such as bonds and equity. This function is available for the insurance companies so I was surprised to see it excluded for banks.
mdemircan2
Level 4 user

Re: Banking Improvements

Post by mdemircan2 »

mansamusa wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:34 pm Currently the bank is lackluster in terms of its operational and revenue potential. In the game the bank is only limited to net interest margining as its primary and only source of income. However, in reality a large majority of retail bank's financial statements identify transaction income at about 50% of their revenues. This is a large part component of revenue that is missing from the game. To implement this in the game I would suggest that you set a low fixed effective rate on the total deposited amount for simplicity's sake or you can give greater control to the players in setting the fees just like the deposit rate.

Additionally, banks have an investment banking division that allows them to invest the excess deposits in securities such as bonds and equity. This function is available for the insurance companies so I was surprised to see it excluded for banks.

nice finds,
I totally agree with what you said.
güzel tespitler,
kesinlikle söylediklerinize katılıyorum

https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... =52&t=8474
rafaeltodero
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Re: Banking Improvements

Post by rafaeltodero »

I agree with you