Newer Edition Seems Blunt???

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
Greenish
Level 2 user

Newer Edition Seems Blunt???

Post by Greenish »

Anyone else think the newer edition seems not interesting? Played the 7.1.18 edition lately and money making just seems so easy and makes the game not real life like. It's been about 20 years in game and no economic downsides, ever year the economy is great. Also, seems I can input alot of less money to make profit, not like before. My settings are same and even some are harder than from older editions, but money just keeps pouring in with no real big effort.

Before, remember playing 5.4.14 edition (still have installer) with Subsidiary and Digital DLCs and it seemed more life like. There were economic downsides every few years, competition was life like, and had to pour more money (invest) into companies before seeing any profit. Remember investing like $250m+ into my automotive company and substantial research before becoming a little profitable. Now, in the newer edition, I invested like $50m and money just started pouring from profit and everything seems the same, just keep on expanding and the economy is always great. Also, before in that auto company, it took like 5-10 years before becoming a profitable company and now it takes like 1 year.

Also, in the older edition, after like 10 years, the economy went sour and I had to close 1 model (motorcycle) and revived it in about 5 years after economy became better and the model turned out to be profitable again. This added to realism but doesn't seem to have it in this newer edition. I don't know if the developers are aiming more for the mainstream audience, like making the game into a tycoon type, but it does feel alot easier.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Newer Edition Seems Blunt???

Post by David »

Please try the latest post-release beta version 8.1.00 which you could download from: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8817#p37620

I would recommend that you play the vanilla game instead of using a mod as some product classes can be too profitable in a mod.

If it is still too easy to make a profit in the game, you may provide me with your save game file and I will take a look at it.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from the C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

If your save game file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473
rafaeltodero
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by rafaeltodero »

Unfortunately I didn't get to play the older versions.

I slightly disagree that the game is very easy to make money.

I don't think I play as well as you :D

Have you ever played in survival mode?

Sometimes the problem is not making money, the problem is staying in the lead and managing all your companies.
jondonnis
Level 5 user

Post by jondonnis »

Not sure what you're playing. Maybe try different styles of play. For example, while playing my game now, I'm struggling to get any of the AI to buy from the natural resource mines. Don't know if anyone has managed to make a profitable company from just selling natural resources. Even at stupidly low prices the AI isn't biting.
mdemircan2
Level 4 user

Post by mdemircan2 »

hi, i played with 10 mba students, they didn't find artificial intelligence challenging... the challenge of artificial intelligence is an important issue

merhaba, 10 mba öğrencisiyle oynadım, yapay zekayı zorlayıcı bulmadılar...yapay zekanın zorlayıcılığı önemli bir konu
mdemircan2
Level 4 user

Post by mdemircan2 »

also... it is very important to transfer the data in the game to excel... my students expressed this

ayrıca...oyunda ki verilerin excele aktarılması konusu çok önemli...öğrencilerim bunu ifade ettiler
Greenish
Level 2 user

Post by Greenish »

David wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:23 am Please try the latest post-release beta version 8.1.00 which you could download from: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8817#p37620

I would recommend that you play the vanilla game instead of using a mod as some product classes can be too profitable in a mod.

If it is still too easy to make a profit in the game, you may provide me with your save game file and I will take a look at it.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from the C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

If your save game file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473

I played the 7.1.18 edition without any mods. Now I am playing 8.0.16 (my difficult rating is 340%) with the Auto Empire Mod, but it seems like same thing, it's been about 15 years into the game and the economy is just booming non stop. I think the Auto Empire Mod just adds some automobiles, but that is not where my main profit is anyway. I started with $100k and now have $27 billions. On the older edition I had about $6 billion in 20 years and it was kind of a struggle to make it, also very interesting and felt real life like. It's still a great game, but now it just seems so easy to make profit.
Greenish
Level 2 user

Post by Greenish »

jondonnis wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:41 pm Not sure what you're playing. Maybe try different styles of play. For example, while playing my game now, I'm struggling to get any of the AI to buy from the natural resource mines. Don't know if anyone has managed to make a profitable company from just selling natural resources. Even at stupidly low prices the AI isn't biting.

I decided to invest in gold and had my natural resource subsidiary mine it and sell it to my investing company's warehouse. They sold it to me at like $1,500 contract price, which in my mind I made a contract with my subsidiary that if they'll sell to me at that price = I will buy all of it from that mine. In about 2 years they made about $371 millions and my company made about $400+ millions and there is still tons of gold left (large warehoue is full). It was the best quality gold and I tried to sell it at $5,000 but would lower the price every month until found some buyers at around $4,000.

Natural resource could be profitable but you have to invest alot of money into them and sometimes wait for buyers. You have to also look at what resources the companies are buying and how much they are buying, even from the seaports.

The way I do is, fill my warehouses with natural resources from the mines and just wait for buyers at good profitable prices. Sometimes it takes 1 to 3 years to find buyers but it's usally worth it since prices go up.
Greenish
Level 2 user

Post by Greenish »

mdemircan2 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:16 am hi, i played with 10 mba students, they didn't find artificial intelligence challenging... the challenge of artificial intelligence is an important issue

merhaba, 10 mba öğrencisiyle oynadım, yapay zekayı zorlayıcı bulmadılar...yapay zekanın zorlayıcılığı önemli bir konu

I agree, the older versions seemed challenging. I did notice a few version back in the developer notes it said they did alot of reprogramming. I don't know if that has to do anything with this??? It's still a great simulation!!!