Calculator of production capacity and sales.

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here

Poll: Calculator of production capacity and sales.

Yes
80%
Your option
8%
No
12%

Total votes: 25

3dmodel
Level 2 user

Calculator of production capacity and sales.

Post by 3dmodel »

The idea is that at any given time it would be possible to accurately determine the number of mineral deposits, the number of factories for the production of a certain amount of goods. Also the number of stores required to sell this product.
Here I will describe one of the implementation options for an example to make it easier to understand what is meant (the principle of the calculator is taken from another game related to production and logistics).
Let's say we have a car and the demand is 50,000 units at a price of 20,000 per unit. The player wants to produce 20,000 cars a year and at the same time understand the approximate costs. With the help of the calculator, the car icon is selected, the first line is the choice of the factory (large, medium, or small) indicating the quantity of the desired product 20,000, for example, you need 3 large ones. Or if you select a small one, then 6 factories, the numbers can be fractional. The next line defines how many factories and which ones are needed for the production of intermediate products, for example, wheels, the next body, etc. Thus, in a few clicks, the player will have an idea of ​​how many factories and which ones he will need to produce each of the intermediate goods.

You can determine the number of stores (based on 100% of sales) in the same way.

Optionally, you can add a unit skill 1-9, by default it is 9, the city in which the goods will be produced or sold, etc.

The calculator can work from top to bottom from the desired product to the raw material. So it is from the bottom up from the raw material to the product. For example, a sawmill produces 1000 units of wood, of which 300 remain. The player can click on wood and see a list of products that can be obtained from it.

Perhaps the calculator will also take into account the overhead costs of the selected buildings, depending on the city in which they are located.

This can help newcomers to master the production chains, especially the Modern World mod.
mdemircan2
Level 4 user

Re: Calculator of production capacity and sales.

Post by mdemircan2 »

harika fikir!
good idea !
Hans_Lemurson
Level 2 user

Post by Hans_Lemurson »

Yes! It can be very frustrating to not know how much a factory will produce until it's already built, connected and running.

I don't know how many times I've looked at a factory and wondered "How much can this actually make? And how much is it making RIGHT NOW?"

Even just an estimate of the theoretical "Maximum Capacity" of a factory would be useful. Maybe an indicator on a Manufacturing Unit that says how many items/day it can produce.

Another frustration is when factories feed other factories. How much Flour do I need to support my Cookie factory? What about my Bread and Cakes? They all have different productions rates and different consumption/item.
Hans_Lemurson
Level 2 user

Post by Hans_Lemurson »

I was just experimenting with trying to make a Farm that would supply an Icecream factory, and it became incredibly frustrating because I lacked two critical pieces of information:
  1. How much of each material does my factory consume?
  2. How much of each material do my farms produce?
Also known as missing ALL of the information.

The experiment showed that despite the large amount of Milk required in Icecream, even 1 Dairy Unit on my farm was way overkill! It also showed that 2 Crop Units of Strawberries ran out in about 8 months. The production bottleneck for Icecream is apparently Strawberries.

If the Manufacturing Units had some figure like:
  • Icecream produced: 2000 units/day
  • Milk consumed: 500 quart/day
  • Strawberries consumed: 500 lbs/day
  • Sugar consumed: 250 lbs/day
Or maybe, since not all Manufacturing Units are always running at 100%, then maybe a Factory-wide figure like:
  • Icecream sold last month: 178,562 units
  • Milk Purchased last month: 44,000 quarts
  • Strawberries purchased last month: 42,500 lbs
  • Sugar purchased last month: 20,000 lbs
Basically, some way to see the magnitude of the goods being produced so you can actually accurately judge your supplies. I've seen too many farms sit idle, while others run dry before harvest, and been frustrated that I had no idea how much Steel production I would need to operate a Car Factory.
kennethhnicholas

Post by kennethhnicholas »

This is indeed my biggest frustration with this game. As a retired IRL factory manager, I knew what components were on the way from my suppliers, what components were needed on the factory floor, and what products the sales staff was screaming for on a daily, hourly basis. I knew the capacity of my factory by product and by shift (related to skill level in the game).

I am fairly new to serious play in this game so I'm going through the scenarios without DLCs. I just finished up Corporate Leadership. I found that I needed a large CPU factory for each large notebook computer factory. To keep up with demand for notebooks, I needed four large factories. I easily kept up with demand for desktops with one large factory. Meanwhile, I kept expecting to run low on electronic components. One large EC factory kept six large factories supplied (four notebooks, a desktop and a printer factory)

So today I'm starting Food Dominance. I have questions:
How much product is made in a factory? Does one bakery make enough bread to feed the world while a creamery makes just enough ice cream to keep a high traffic convenience store stocked?
How do I understand units? Somewhere, I read that the blocks in the production are roughly equivalent by value across the game. So one unit is one car, 8 notebook computers and a gazillion chewing gums? Seriously, does this mean that, to meet chewing gum demand, a small factory will be adequate? Or is the world wide demand for cars and chewing gum about the same by value?
How do factories scale? By footprint (if a small factory makes 4/mo, does a medium factory make 9/4X and large factory make 4X)? Or is it exponential? or are the scaling factors baked in by product?
How do my executives impact all of this? And their expertise? I seem to do really well if I land Laprad as my COO regardless of his expertise, or is this some weird personal bias?

Well, I'm off to experiment and see if I can dominate the world in food sales and become an evil giant like Nestle or Archer Daniels Midland. . .
3dmodel
Level 2 user

Post by 3dmodel »

David, there is a suggestion how you can implement this function without introducing it into the game.
https://capitalism2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=8260
In this topic, using tables, you can calculate the margin, profit and other parameters. If possible, the programmer can create a similar table that will consist of several sheets. For example, the first page will contain information about all buildings in the game, their price, space, upkeep cost, and possible performance modifiers. The second page is the population in the city, the inflation rate and the level of wages, it can also be the approximate price of a land plot, depending on the location, etc. The third item of goods is their price, recipes and the level of demand. The following pages will summarize the data from the previous ones and calculate the parameters of interest. If the player is interested in the real estate market, he enters data about the city, selects the buildings of interest to him and gets an approximate idea of ​​how many apartments and offices will be required to meet the demand, as well as the total investment amount. Also with mines, factories, farms and shops.
foran
Level 3 user

Post by foran »

MUST HAVE ! !
at least have a slider to adjust what percentage of total capacity do you want to produce for this product ! !
also what percentage raw materials inventory do you want to purchase for this units.

furthermore, :idea: I create a new poll for a new slider for " Purchase unit" for factory,
so we can save A LOT OF money to reduce costs on Mft's stock.
click here
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9127
I'm a Lucky man, with a brave heart to face of any difficulties of life!
Shamalau12

Post by Shamalau12 »

I'd still love this idea to be implemented at some point !