AI OS/Software Development issues

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: AI OS/Software Development issues

Post by cantdownloadit »

that was the whole point of my original post (no.5), that the AI had not developed the OS to include the customized hardware. see the screenshots/posts above.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

i also note that when i started with an AI Software Company, it created a software product for the PC system that was available at the time, but even 30 years later it had not modified the OS to allow it to be used on newer systems ( eg. Quadcore and All-In-One) that realworld adds.
My understanding is that the Desktop Computer is a generic product type, which covers all custom product images (including Quadcore and All-In-One). So when the AI's OS for Desktop Computer, it automatically covers all newer systems ( eg. Quadcore and All-In-One).
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

which is what was suggested by Saffgee at post 12, if that the case its adding extra stats that mean nothing that just makes things confusing.

It shows more systems in existence than there are...
It lets the player develop software for systems that technically dont exist
It makes it hard to calculate the stats as at post 12 because of this.

Since for example windows 10 will run on a a desktop or laptop just the same, i dont see the need for any split and think it would be much clearer if it just generated a userbase figure based on populatoion and showed 1 entry, OS sales.
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

Worth noting that on my post, the dominant computer in the market was changing, but the sales of OS were not - none of the ones I added were generics (ie they were not product customizations). There may be something to the fact that there were not enough sales outlets, but then maybe the issue lies with the fact that the AI is not recognising the potential of my OS versus other companies OS.
Is it possible the problem stems partly from the fact that the AI is not selling enough of my OS, even though based on the raw numbers he should be ? If I launched such a good product in any other class, it would fly off the shelves....
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

I've got a clarification from the dev team that generic computer product types (e.g. desktop computer) actually does not cover custom computer product types (e.g. all-in-one computer). In other words, they are separate. Desktop computers (the generic ones) are being produced when the manufacturer's production quality has not reached the required quality for making custom computers.
i also note that when i started with an AI Software Company, it created a software product for the PC system that was available at the time, but even 30 years later it had not modified the OS to allow it to be used on newer systems ( eg. Quadcore and All-In-One) that realworld adds.
I've forwarded your note to the programmer and he has subsequently improved the AI so that now AI will develop new versions of its OS (operating system) compatible with the latest custom computer hardware on the market.

This improvement is available in the new version 6.5.10.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

thanks