AI OS/Software Development issues

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

AI OS/Software Development issues

Post by cantdownloadit »

When setting a subsidiary and setting it to make an operating system i notice a number of issues

It will research new tech levels but not release new software when achieving them... when i looked it was over 4 years since last software release, so basically the business had been making no money for over 2 years.

Also after a while the AI will use the manager/programmer to create a new product there, which will then instantly prevent any digital sales of the operating system, it seems illogical a firm would ever want to stop selling the O/S that all software products rely on ?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: AI OS/Software Development issues

Post by David »

We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) Which version of Capitalism Lab you are using. You can see the version number on the top-right of the main menu.
2) The exact steps for triggering the bug with the save game
3) If your savegame uses a MOD, please let us know the name of the MOD and the MOD's version number.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from:
C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

You may email the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

If your save game file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

Using current post beta version - tried to recreate save however all the issues didn't occur this time,

See attached save 1, company has all requirements to make OS but has not done so, despite the fact is has 6 other software companies that cant do anything until it has an OS.

Also in year 1 i built bank and insurance HQ and 1 branch office in London - see save 2. in 10 years AI has added 2 bank branches to London, no insurance, and made no attempt to expand to any other city ? even though it has 8 billion in cash ?

Nb save 2 is a split archive. rename them to 2.7z.001 and 2.7z.002 to open it
Attachments
2.7z.002.7z
(4.9 MiB) Downloaded 71 times
2.7z.001.7z
(5.72 MiB) Downloaded 65 times
1.7z
(9.01 MiB) Downloaded 70 times
David

Post by David »

cantdownloadit wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:22 pm Using current post beta version - tried to recreate save however all the issues didn't occur this time,

See attached save 1, company has all requirements to make OS but has not done so, despite the fact is has 6 other software companies that cant do anything until it has an OS.

Also in year 1 i built bank and insurance HQ and 1 branch office in London - see save 2. in 10 years AI has added 2 bank branches to London, no insurance, and made no attempt to expand to any other city ? even though it has 8 billion in cash ?

Nb save 2 is a split archive. rename them to 2.7z.001 and 2.7z.002 to open it
The programmer will get this fixed in the next patch v6.5.07. Please note that you will have to start a new game for the fix to take effect for this particular glitch.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

i also note that when i started with an AI Software Company, it created a software product for the PC system that was available at the time, but even 30 years later it had not modified the OS to allow it to be used on newer systems ( eg. Quadcore and All-In-One) that realworld adds.

Also the game shows a spurious figure in days since last release when it is the first version of a product.

also the apps available figure is in this case 0 but then went to 3, even though only 1 app was available.
Attachments
Image3.jpg
Image3.jpg (115.24 KiB) Viewed 1695 times
Image4.jpg
Image4.jpg (93.16 KiB) Viewed 1695 times
David

Post by David »

cantdownloadit wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:56 pm i also note that when i started with an AI Software Company, it created a software product for the PC system that was available at the time, but even 30 years later it had not modified the OS to allow it to be used on newer systems ( eg. Quadcore and All-In-One) that realworld adds.

Also the game shows a spurious figure in days since last release when it is the first version of a product.

also the apps available figure is in this case 0 but then went to 3, even though only 1 app was available.
We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) Which version of Capitalism Lab you are using. You can see the version number on the top-right of the main menu.
2) The exact steps for triggering the bug with the save game
3) If your savegame uses a MOD, please let us know the name of the MOD and the MOD's version number.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from:
C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

If your save game file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

once the pre release version has been fixed to work properly with scripts ill try create an example save for you
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

Please see attached, from looking in more detail it would seem the AI doesn't design for customised hardware, only for generic.

(Using real-world 11.40 from mod forum)

Unzip both halves then extract that zip
Attachments
TEST_001.7z.002.7z
(4.84 MiB) Downloaded 62 times
TEST_001.7z.001.7z
(6.68 MiB) Downloaded 65 times
David

Post by David »

I loaded the save game file you provided, but there is only one OS - called Swatch OS and there is no abnormality with it.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

the AI has not modified the OS to use customised hardware, so i dont agree.

(if you go into the software lab i set up for my company and go to create operating system there is the option to release it on 4 platforms, the AI has ignored the custom hardware systems).