Poll : To simplify the translation process

This forum is for those of you who are interested in localizing the game text in Capitalism Lab into your native language on your own

What translation files would you like

I'm satisfied with the current translate method
No votes
The current translation is well advanced. I would not want that to change.
No votes
We're keeping t_game for the basic game. Other files follow for the DLCs.
13%
A dedicated program automatically detects the parts to be translated.
25%
I'd like to have a file dedicated to the information center.
25%
Only one file contains all the words and phrases.
13%
The MOD can be translated by a file of type mod_translate
13%
Each language has a "dedicated folder"
13%

Total votes: 8

paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Poll : To simplify the translation process

Post by paulwoman »

"For the record," I'm not a programmer. So I don't know how this could be implemented in practice.

Here are a few ideas I would like to see to help me with the translation.

With the current method, once t_game gets its translation, you don't know which sentences you could fall on.

The only way to find out is to play. Only then you can translate what you see on the screen. And again, it's enough not to write exactly the same thing so that it doesn't show.

However, with the method the team uses with OmegaT, all you have to do is translate a sentence so that when it is repeated, you don't have to transcribe it again.

So, as it is "enough" to translate what is written, the player who is faced with that sentence will more easily understand what is written, even if the translator hasn't yet seen that in a game.

As far as dedicated folders are concerned, each language would be entitled to an "FR" folder, within the "translate" folder.

It would be enough to put the files to be translated EXACTLY as they are installed in the "base" folder and it would translate automatically.

If several languages are available, the player could choose which one to launch.

Note : The idea for the MOD file came from this topic http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =22&t=7393
Last edited by paulwoman on Mon May 25, 2020 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Poll : To simplify the translation process

Post by David »

paulwoman wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:08 pm Note : The idea for the MOD file came from this topic http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =22&t=7393
Update: the dev team will implement the above suggestion in the upcoming version 6.5.00.