Profit graph when demolishing buildings

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
Dordanov
Level 2 user

Profit graph when demolishing buildings

Post by Dordanov »

I noticed that when you demolish a building, the profit graph in the bottom of the screen takes a massive dive.

I don't think this makes much sense, unless I'm missing something strange. Demolishing a building does not have direct effect on the profit of the current month. Sure, if you demolish a firm that was profitable your profit in the future might decline (slightly), but that will become visible over time, you do not suffer an instant loss at that specific time that should be displayed in the graph, right?

The only reason I could see is if the graph actually represented some "company value change" data, but it is represented as just a profit graph. And even in the case of company value: it seems the dive is a lot steeper than just the value of the building itself (the valueof the land plots will still be the same, regardless if you keep the land or decide to sell it).
mwyeoh
Level 6 user

Re: Profit graph when demolishing buildings

Post by mwyeoh »

This happens if it is a factory/firm/warehouse which has stock/inventory in it. Essentially you are destroying all the stock within the building too, so those resources are classified as writeoffs which is an expense (In this game)