Problem with the "t_game" file

This forum is for those of you who are interested in localizing the game text in Capitalism Lab into your native language on your own
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Problem with the "t_game" file

Post by David »

Would you please send me a screenshot of where exactly this information comes from and a sample translation. It seems that these lines are not well transcribed in order to "provoke" the translation.
I may not completely understand what you meant. Could you please explain in more detail?
With my method of translation with OmegaT, the ideal would be to have a file with an alignment, or even better, a dedicated line for each term as a separation between two columns.
I could request the dev team to do that in the next major version, but it would mean that all existing translation files of different languages will need to be updated, as the game will retrieve the terms from the new text lines such as follows.

[????]<????>Shareholder
[????]<????>Owned Qty
[????]<????>Owned%
[????]<????>Stock Value
[????]<????>Position

The concern is that translation files will not work with the new version of the game and there is a lot of updated work involved for all languages. Do you still want me to request the dev team to do that?
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by paulwoman »

David wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:21 pm
Would you please send me a screenshot of where exactly this information comes from and a sample translation. It seems that these lines are not well transcribed in order to "provoke" the translation.
I may not completely understand what you meant. Could you please explain in more detail?
My request in more detail with the "steps" to reach my request.

1) Open your image editing software such as "photoshop" and others. If you don't have it, I recommend "paint.net" https://www.getpaint.net/.
paint.png
paint.png (49.57 KiB) Viewed 3702 times
2) Start a game and go to where the lines are concerned

3) Take a screenshot of it. I use the "PRT SYS REQ" button.
WDKsT.jpg
WDKsT.jpg (17.24 KiB) Viewed 3702 times
4) Go to paint.net. You can press ALT tab if you want go from CapLab to Paint.net without quit.

You open with a windows like this

4) Press "CTRL N" to create a new file that will be the size of the screenshot.

5) Press CTRL V to copy the image you made previously. Press OK without modification. You have now your windows like this
paint 2.png
paint 2.png (449.43 KiB) Viewed 3702 times
6) Select in the menu "the forms"
paint 3.png
paint 3.png (10.38 KiB) Viewed 3702 times
7) If it is not a square, select it.
paint 5.png
paint 5.png (22.76 KiB) Viewed 3702 times
paint 4.png
paint 4.png (13.3 KiB) Viewed 3702 times
8) Surround the affected area with the line.
paint 6.png
paint 6.png (1.56 MiB) Viewed 3702 times
If it is too small, enlarge. Change the color if we can't see the difference.

9) Press "CTRL S" and save the file.

"Tuto" : https://youtu.be/AreulmFSVNg
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by paulwoman »

torajiroo wrote:
I would like know what you think about this. Sorry for the others but it's the only one I know except the Russian and Portuguese.
With my method of translation with OmegaT, the ideal would be to have a file with an alignment, or even better, a dedicated line for each term as a separation between two columns.
I could request the dev team to do that in the next major version, but it would mean that all existing translation files of different languages will need to be updated, as the game will retrieve the terms from the new text lines such as follows.

[????]<????>Shareholder
[????]<????>Owned Qty
[????]<????>Owned%
[????]<????>Stock Value
[????]<????>Position

The concern is that translation files will not work with the new version of the game and there is a lot of updated work involved for all languages. Do you still want me to request the dev team to do that?

Ideally, I would like to have the opinion of other languages, but for my part, I would appreciate having this feature.

As I have easy access to the "old" translations through my server https://data.netfinity.fr/d/6c3687c0e5af40a3b29d/ and am in the process of transposing all this to OmegaT, I can easily copy the translation present in translate.txt into t_game.

It should be noted that at present, Russian and Indonesian do not yet have translations for these parts.

It is easier to start translating a "new language" with as many terms as possible in t_game and other files.

The proof is with

pookar wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:05 pm
which translated Indonesian and
Vordulak wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:03 pmВот переведение файлы gm_help, help ,t_basic
which put the missing files in the forum.

Can you give me a link or give all the old version https://data.netfinity.fr/u/d/f452381d92f243adaf31/

This would allow me to check whether the different "old translations" have "lost" parts translated between two versions and act accordingly.

It also concerns my request that I made viewtopic.php?p=34990#p34990. with the difference that I would like to have only the important files.

Thank you again for constantly updating this - wonderful - game while taking into account the remarks of the players and the people who translate the game.
torajiro
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by torajiro »

[????]<????>Shareholder
[????]<????>Owned Qty
[????]<????>Owned%
[????]<????>Stock Value
[????]<????>Position

paulwoman wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:12 pm
torajiroo wrote:
I would like know what you think about this. Sorry for the others but it's the only one I know except the Russian and Portuguese.

I deeply appreciate Paulwoman's concerted consideration.

First of all, I want David to know that there are users who don't use OmegaT.
This is true for Japanese, probably Chinese, and probably German as well.
That means there are translators who are not getting help from Paulwoman.

And Paulwoman's ideal is not necessarily the ideal for translators of those languages.
Rather, if someone updates that part of the t_game, it could cause many translation files to suddenly stop working.

How do you communicate this risk to Chinese or German translators?
I wouldn't have noticed it either if I hadn't seen this topic.
Wouldn't this kind of thing result in problems between users?

Personally, I have no problem using trans_**.txt for that. I wonder why he would need to add that to t_game?

Paulwoman's decision to write " I would like to have the opinion of other languages" is wise.
This matter is not something that should be decided by he alone.

Basically, I'm against this Paulwoman's idea.

--"This is a suggestion to the developers."--

However, if there is a way to meet that requirement, it is to create a file called t_omega.txt and create a t_game.txt file for OmegaT users.
To that, add only "sentences that require updating all existing translation files" like this one.

Advantages.
1 ) Even if someone were to translate the entire t_game.txt file, there would be no risk of concern.
2 ) It is easy to let people know that this file is for users of the OmegaT software.
3) Paulwoman would be more likely to make requests without worrying about non-OmegaT users.

Example: Contents of t_omega.txt

[50001]<P001>Shareholder
[50002]<P002>Owned Qty
[50003]<P003>Owned%
[50004]<P004>Stock Value
[50005]<P005>Position
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by paulwoman »

Murmel wrote:
Like you did the last version of German, I would like I would also like to know too what you think about this idea.

[????]<????>Shareholder
[????]<????>Owned Qty
[????]<????>Owned%
[????]<????>Stock Value
[????]<????>Position

torajiro wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:13 am
I deeply appreciate Paulwoman's concerted consideration.
You're welcome.
torajiro wrote:
First of all, I want David to know that there are users who don't use OmegaT.
I wonder how you do it. For my part, I find it convenient to be able to put in the files that need updating and have the software ask for the translation as soon as there is a sentence or a word that has changed. But hey, we're not here to criticize each other's methods.

torajiro wrote:
This is true for Japanese, probably Chinese, and probably German as well.
torajiro wrote:

Rather, if someone updates that part of the t_game, it could cause many translation files to suddenly stop working.

That's why I think it's "good" that you gave your opinion on the matter. Ideally, it would be necessary the opinion of everyone. [

torajiro wrote:
How do you communicate this risk to Chinese or German translators?
For German, I'll need her answer and hope she see this post, but I don't have new since the 18 decembre and she could stop it.
Murmel wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:47 pm
If you want to upload it somewhere, or someone else keeps working on it. He has my blessing.

I have also taken over the German translation and continued.

This version has about 100 German entries more than the last version. But I work on it only when I have time and desire.
torajiro wrote:I wonder why he would need to add that to t_game?
I'll know more when David has given me more information about the exact location of the lines involved, but I'm afraid that this will no longer translate correctly, even if I don't use OmegaT. In fact, it would be highly appreciated if you could tell if you also have this same "problem" by removing trans_.txt.
torajiro wrote: Personally, I have no problem using trans_**.txt for that.
I don't have a problem either. By the way, thank you again for your software. viewtopic.php?p=31501#p31501

Generating the trans_.txt with the sheet and your program was a great help. Thanks to this, I have practically no more worries about untreated parts.
torajiro wrote: However, if there is a way to meet that requirement, it is to create a file called t_omega.txt and create a t_game.txt file for OmegaT users.
To that, add only "sentences that require updating all existing translation files" like this one.

Advantages.
1 ) Even if someone were to translate the entire t_game.txt file, there would be no risk of concern.
2 ) It is easy to let people know that this file is for users of the OmegaT software.
3) Paulwoman would be more likely to make requests without worrying about non-OmegaT users.

Example: Contents of t_omega.txt

[50001]<P001>Shareholder
[50002]<P002>Owned Qty
[50003]<P003>Owned%
[50004]<P004>Stock Value
[50005]<P005>Position
I appreciate this feature. I appreciate this feature. It would make translation easier. Also, I'm a proponent of the "all sentences you see in the game must be in t_game". This allows me to offer a translation even if it's only a summary, while waiting to see the message in question. Besides, with trans_, you have to write exactly what is written, whereas if it's in t_game, the risk is reduced.

Anyway, as far as I know, the parties involved are translated, whether through t_game or trans_, it doesn't matter; it's more a matter of "comfort" for the implementation of a "new" translation and future updates.

It is not a requirement to include this, although it would be appreciated.

If there is one function that I would prefer the team to work on, it would be that the presence of the translate folder allows the translation of anything that is translatable.
torajiro wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:40 am That's a troubling spec for non-English speaking users, but I think it can only be beneficial for English users.

Now I have an idea: "If we have a translate folder, the auto-updater will not update anything but Capmain.exe".
(Because English-speaking users do not create a translate folder.)
Thank you for taking the time to read me and for taking my request into consideration.
torajiro
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by torajiro »

paulwoman wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:32 am
I wonder how you do it. For my part, I find it convenient to be able to put in the files that need updating and have the software ask for the translation as soon as there is a sentence or a word that has changed. But hey, we're not here to criticize each other's methods.
Why did you think you'd be criticized by me?
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by paulwoman »

torajiro wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:26 am
It's not necessarily that I was expecting criticism from you.

It's just that I vaguely remember another discussion we had where you explained why you preferred not to use OmegaT, but I don't remember if it was "positive", "negative" or "constructive".
torajiro
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by torajiro »

paulwoman wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:06 pm
torajiro wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:26 am
It's not necessarily that I was expecting criticism from you.

It's just that I vaguely remember another discussion we had where you explained why you preferred not to use OmegaT, but I don't remember if it was "positive", "negative" or "constructive".
What I meant to say was this.

People who do not translate with OmegaT may never learn about this problem from paulwoman.
How do you communicate this issue to those people?

If you thought I was criticizing OmegaT's methods, you were mistaken.

I didn't think I was on the same page with you.
I feel like I'm constantly getting into fights with you.

Maybe it's just that I'm not very cooperative.
So why don't you quit commenting on me?
There are people in this world whose personalities don't match, it's just the way it is.
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by paulwoman »

torajiro wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:55 pm
If you thought I was criticizing OmegaT's methods, you were mistaken.
Thank you for the clarification.
I didn't think I was on the same page with you. I feel like I'm constantly getting into fights with you.
Unfortunately, I also have this feeling :(. I can't explain why it appends
So why don't you quit commenting on me? There are people in this world whose personalities don't match, it's just the way it is.
Yes, it may be a "good thing" to do but not the "best thing" to do.

I don't like being faced with unanswered questions and having a bad opinion of someone when I am sure that it is not.

In short, thank you for taking the time to give your opinion and explain it to me again.

It will always be a pleasure to reread you and answer you. ;)
torajiro
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by torajiro »

paulwoman wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:13 am
It will always be a pleasure to reread you and answer you. ;)
I didn't really mean to reply, but...
I'm replying because I feel like the forum is getting kind of quiet and weird.

But I'm not going to fight.
Probably if I do it again, my account will be deleted, right?

First of all, what you wrote was translated in Japanese in a rather provocative way.
You misunderstood my writing, and it seemed to me that you were trying to provoke me.
Even if you didn't mean to provoke me.
This means that communication through translation has its limits.
Especially trivial expressions can be misunderstood.
Besides, we went from Japanese to English to French. We are translating French to English to Japanese.
So there's a good chance that misunderstandings will occur.

Next is the personality of you and me.
If two people who don't have the same personality interact with each other only through text, it will make the problem worse.
The Internet is convenient for people who are similar to each other to connect, but there is too little information on the Internet for people who don't agree to understand each other.
This is the limit of communication on the Internet.
I know you like to think about problems that have answers, but I like to think about problems that don't have answers.
So I think you should hang out with people you can talk to, for example, your Brazilian translator friend. I don't know him well, but I'm sure he's someone who understands you.

Lastly, about my way of thinking...
In the first place, I don't intend to have many interactions on the Internet.
But last May, why did I reply to you? Because I felt sorry for you because you were in trouble.
After that, you ordered a lot of stuff, and I got fed up with it, it's true.
Why am I replying to you? Because it goes against my conscience to ignore you.
But that will result in a fight.
Basically, it's a pattern of me getting angry and you apologizing.
If I didn't reply to you, I don't think there would be a problem, and I'm sure the people on this forum think so too.

I've written a lot.
In conclusion, I think I'm going to quit translating Japanese into English and writing a lot of stuff.
I think I'll reduce the chance of using the forum.
I can still find information here even if I log out.
I might come back once in a while.

I wrote this because I felt that if I walked away without saying anything, it would leave a weird vibe about Paulwoman.

I'd like to apologize to the users of this forum for writing so much personal stuff that has nothing to do with the game.