Government buildings bug

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
furmanbp
Level 2 user

Government buildings bug

Post by furmanbp »

Hi,
I am playing a game where I become a mayor. While managing government buildings you have got "Facilities upgrade budget" slider. At the begging when I used that slider it only set up budget for one (let say) police station. But now from some time when I move that slider, all police station get it move to this same point in whole city, I can not set it up individually for each station.

I have no idea what caused this bug and when it occurred exactly. Sorry for being not to helpful with identifying the root of it. Hmmm :idea: , maybe it happened after second election? or building new city?

Thanks for this big little game!
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Government buildings bug

Post by David »

We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) Which version of Capitalism Lab you are using. You can see the version number on the top-right of the main menu.
2) The exact steps for triggering the bug with the save game
3) If your savegame uses a MOD, please let us know the name of the MOD and the MOD's version number.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from the C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

If your save game file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473
furmanbp
Level 2 user

Post by furmanbp »

Hi David,

Thanks for super fast reply. It also come into my mind that game version could help :lol: .

unfortunately I have no idea what steps I have made for this bug to occur...

Version: 6.3.08
No mods
As save file is to big to attach it here I have sent it over by email.
David

Post by David »

I loaded your save game and tested Hospital's operation slider and it only affects one building.

Which government building did you encounter the problem?
furmanbp
Level 2 user

Post by furmanbp »

It is "Facilities upgrade budget" slider. Not operation slider. Hmm maybe it was intended while developing? but then, you can change on each building "training budget" individually. was I under wrong impression when got new options when won mayor seat?

Nevertheless its quite expensive to pay for facilities that have 100/100 level while you want to upgrade new building.
David

Post by David »

I've tested and it indeed applies the change in Facilities Upgrade Budget to all public buildings of the same type.

I guess the dev team did it that way to reduce micromanagement - you don't have to make the change individually to all public buildings of the same type.

How would you suggest changing it?
furmanbp
Level 2 user

Post by furmanbp »

I have played a new game and want to confirm that this is not a bug. It is as you said made by dev team.

Nevertheless some buildings are very expensive to upgrade its facilities, like hospitals or universities- those really can kill your budget.
I can see two options as for now:
1) either you set up each building individually - what would make extra micromanagement as you said.
2) building that have got facilities at 100/100 should, regardless of where slider is set up, cost zero, that way you would still avoid extra micromanagement and keep your budget better balanced.

Thank you

Edit:

I have noticed that over a time facilities quality deteriorate if set on 0 budget, what is quite cool. So my idea to point to would change now to:

building that have got facilities at 100/100 should, regardless of where slider is set up, would cost only as much as need to keep current level,unless slider is set up under cost of maintaining current level. Then obviously facilities quality would slowly deteriorate depend on how much it is underfunded. that way you would still avoid extra micromanagement and keep your budget better balanced.
David

Post by David »

furmanbp wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:10 pm I have noticed that over a time facilities quality deteriorate if set on 0 budget, what is quite cool. So my idea to point to would change now to:

building that have got facilities at 100/100 should, regardless of where slider is set up, would cost only as much as need to keep current level,unless slider is set up under cost of maintaining current level. Then obviously facilities quality would slowly deteriorate depend on how much it is underfunded. that way you would still avoid extra micromanagement and keep your budget better balanced.
This is a good suggestion. The dev team will implement the change in the next major post-release version (as it will change the data structure and render existing save games incompatible.)
furmanbp
Level 2 user

Post by furmanbp »

Thank you very much!
furmanbp
Level 2 user

Post by furmanbp »

Sorry for double posting, it is just to make sure you see it David. I came with one more macro management idea.