Seaports in v1.971

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Seaports in v1.971

Post by David »

allan_god wrote:I'd think it'd be a good idea to make the seaport change a customizable option in the menu. Personally, I've not wanted to update because of this addition. I'm no where near good enough yet to take on the AI if they were able to access all seaports in each city and it would most likely ruin the experience for me.

I always played Capitalism 2 with no seaports at all so now that I have to have seaports ive already had to overhaul my starting strategy without the seaports being available in all cities. So if they were available in all cities I just think the learning curve would become too steep and it would probably become too hard no matter what the other settings are.
Freight charges are more expensive when buying from seaports in other cities. Also, products can seaports do not have brands and this is a disadvantage.

You may try the latest version 1.971 and customize a game with Low startup capital and Low aggressiveness for AI companies and let me know how you think about the game experience.

Finally, if you still think the game is too hard to be enjoyable after all possible existing customizable options and some of the users feel the same (you may create a poll about this), we may create a new customizable option on the new game setting menu, which prevents the AI from doing anything for the first few years after the beginning of the game, or the AI companies will join the competition a few years after the game has started. (The player can set the number of years when the AI will be idle.)
allan_god

Re: Seaports in v1.971

Post by allan_god »

I've tried the latest version and had everything set with low start up capital and low aggressiveness and it was actually much easier than I expected. So yeah, my worries were for nothing, the game is still as fun as ever.