Some bugs and feature requests

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
Dordanov
Level 2 user

Some bugs and feature requests

Post by Dordanov »

Based on 1.965 since I'm at work atm, so can't check if some things have changed, but they were not in the change list. I also might have some errors in terminology, but I think most things will be pretty clear.

Bug: Auto Link Supplier
Auto Link Supplier seems to be broken for me, see also this thread about the subject: http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... ?f=7&t=709
Is anybody able to confirm this, or call me crazy and tell me what I might be missing? Note that I have the option enabled in general options, and double checked if the option is enabled in the firms, and know for certain there is another supplier. It just doesn't get linked.

Bug: Premium price display
Rather minor, but it still annoys me: When a natural resource is not yet used by anyone, the Premium Price label shows a "Nil" instead of a percentage. I am a programmer myself, so I understand the logic behind it, but it would make more sense to polish it so it says "0%", or the label would disappear altogether when there is no premium pricing.

Feature request: Auto Link Supplier
I Like to control my products over the entire line from natural resource to retail stores. If the auto link supplier is enabled (and works) it sometimes selects a rival company as the new supplier, even though I also have a supply of the same resource/product myself. I don't know if there is logic in place to determine the best supplier, or it just does a lookup for the product and gets the first from the list, but here's what would be really cool:
I'd like to be able to determine what new suppliers are allowed to be selected: "Own company/Seaports/Rivals" and "Current city/All cities". If it can't find a new supplier it could just show the "Supply has stopped" message so you could manually select a new supplier, or even setup a new supply if you think that is the best choice ofcourse.
If I'm in "control freak mode" I NEVER want to select a rival firm as the new supplier, as that would usually mean I have some mining/factory firm that stands idle, and that will cost me money, which is a bad thing obviously :)

Feature request: Technology offers
I NEVER sell my researched technology, and I find the offer popups extremely annoying, especially in games where I am way ahead in research for a lot of produtcs does messages tend to get on my nerves as they happen on a high frequency. It would be cool if there was a "Consider technology offer: Enabled/Disabled" option so I could prevent them popping up altogether.

Feature Request: More info on new products
Some products must be researched as new products, and are only available after a certain date and/or after researching another product, I'm still not sure on how exactly this works. The concept itself is fine, but I would like to be able to see what exactly the requirements are to research said product. Or maybe this info is available, but I just haven't found it yet. The Manufacterer guide is my most used source for checking up on items, and for example: I have been unable to discover when I can research HUD glasses. I couldn't research them at first, but after some time, and researching some other products they suddenly became available as a new product to research.
The info could be displayed in the manufacturer's guide, or they could show up in the new product selection list, but just grayed out with a remark on when it will be available for research for example.

That's all I have for now, maybe I'll report back in with some new ones later :)
Keither
Level 3 user

Re: Some bugs and feature requests

Post by Keither »

Dordanov wrote:Feature request: Auto Link Supplier
I Like to control my products over the entire line from natural resource to retail stores. If the auto link supplier is enabled (and works) it sometimes selects a rival company as the new supplier, even though I also have a supply of the same resource/product myself. I don't know if there is logic in place to determine the best supplier, or it just does a lookup for the product and gets the first from the list, but here's what would be really cool:
I'd like to be able to determine what new suppliers are allowed to be selected: "Own company/Seaports/Rivals" and "Current city/All cities". If it can't find a new supplier it could just show the "Supply has stopped" message so you could manually select a new supplier, or even setup a new supply if you think that is the best choice ofcourse.
If I'm in "control freak mode" I NEVER want to select a rival firm as the new supplier, as that would usually mean I have some mining/factory firm that stands idle, and that will cost me money, which is a bad thing obviously :)
I disagree, autolinker selects the best price/quality/shipping cost in the current market for you.
Dordanov wrote:Feature request: Technology offers
I NEVER sell my researched technology, and I find the offer popups extremely annoying, especially in games where I am way ahead in research for a lot of produtcs does messages tend to get on my nerves as they happen on a high frequency. It would be cool if there was a "Consider technology offer: Enabled/Disabled" option so I could prevent them popping up altogether.
I disagree, I think it is helpful that AI offers to purchase your techs. If the popups are annoying enough you might sell it and AI becomes a better competitor.
City Builder
Level 5 user

Post by City Builder »

I agree with an OPTION to turn off the AI wanting to buy my technologies. After all it would be an option, somebody wants to sell the AI their tech, go ahead, but let the rest of us that don't want to, turn the option off please.

I also agree with what was written on auto linking, it is another OPTION, people that want to use it can, those that don't want to, won't have to. Nothing wrong with these two optional items and placing them in an options menu to better customize the game for the individual player.
mwyeoh
Level 6 user

Post by mwyeoh »

Isnt this the [CONSIDER TENDER OFFER] option that is already in the game?
Dordanov
Level 2 user

Post by Dordanov »

Well, that's what I thought at first, but turning it off doesn't seem to have any effect for me.
Purifier
Level 4 user

Post by Purifier »

Feature request: Auto Link Supplier
Not sure to agree or disagree.. i just never use the auto link supplier option (i also want know when and where supply lines are severed)
Feature request: Technology offers
Agree, i also never sell tech to other corps (they do the same when they are the first to have the tech or have a huge gain in tech), so yes an option (maybe make a button in 1 of the HQ departments ??) to tell the other corps to bugger off :P would be nice.
Feature Request: More info on new products
Some products must be researched as new products, and are only available after a certain date and/or after researching another product, I'm still not sure on how exactly this works. The concept itself is fine, but I would like to be able to see what exactly the requirements are to research said product. Or maybe this info is available, but I just haven't found it yet. The Manufacterer guide is my most used source for checking up on items, and for example: I have been unable to discover when I can research HUD glasses. I couldn't research them at first, but after some time, and researching some other products they suddenly became available as a new product to research.
The info could be displayed in the manufacturer's guide, or they could show up in the new product selection list, but just grayed out with a remark on when it will be available for research for example.
Check out this link: http://www.capitalismlab.com/enhanced-p ... ation.html, where most new techs are explained and the line to get to them. HUD glasses have no other product requirements, just the time it becomes available (this is as far as i know :))
Purifier
Level 4 user

Post by Purifier »

mwyeoh wrote:Isnt this the [CONSIDER TENDER OFFER] option that is already in the game?
This option is likewise as what Dordanov requests but for Stock market offers. Having this enabled gives corporations the option to offer to buy shares of their own corp. back from you or your corp.