Poll: Video Game Development

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab

Would you like to See Video Game Software Development Added?

Yes
82%
No
18%
Post Below
No votes

Total votes: 17

standardplayer
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Poll: Video Game Development

Post by standardplayer »

Video Game Development:
*First Person Shooters (FPS)
*Strategy
*Massive Multiplayer Online (MMO)
*etc.

Any other Ideas?
Willb

Re: Poll: Video Game Development

Post by Willb »

Would be cool to create your own game engines for your in-house projects or to offer free or paid licenses with it
Kristo
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by Kristo »

Hi,

first of all - good idea, i voted Yes

second - i agree that new firm "Video Game Developer" is needed. It can be made like a factory and will produce video games, with the player choosing the genres, and R'N'D centers helping with quality.
As part of DA DLC, we may have some different types of games - console games, PC games, browser games, MMO games, phone games, arcades, etc. This should be worked out first, then we can talk about genres in my opinion.
May be the menu will feature both options - 1/ select type of game 2/ select genre, with some limitations (no RTS in arcades, for example). Also this bussiness sector should have its own domination statistics.

Anyway, the idea is good and there is a lot of potential here!

See ya
GameDevSam

Post by GameDevSam »

I would like to change my reply to this poll but it seems I can't. At first though it would be cool to develop games in Cap Lap, but I think it would take away the focus from a pure business sim. I would prefer more bugfixes and improvements instead of this large feature.