Real Estate DLC features summary (2020 Update)

Suggestions for new DLC projects.

Which features would you like to see in the Real Estate DLC?

Shopping Mall: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=5754
11%
Land Leases: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=5758
10%
More types of residential and commercial buildings with new attributes: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=7145
11%
Hotels: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=7100
13%
Multiple Listing Service (MLS): viewtopic.php?f=49&t=5783
8%
Mixed Use Buildings: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=5759
9%
Real construction: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=5355
11%
The ability to build a subway. Place subway stations in new locations to boost their land values.
8%
The ability to sell property ownership of individual units in apartments and commercial buildings to the public. Buyers will take mortgage when used with Banking DLC: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=7585
10%
Land Auction - Land plots in prime locations will only be purchased when the city government auctions them: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=7560
9%

Total votes: 715

abuz

Re: Real Estate DLC features summary (2020 Update)

Post by abuz »

In Real Estate, there should be a link with Politics/Cities DLC, if they have good influence they can get government to allot them a large chunk of land for development at low price or on long term lease.

Also Land development should be there. While developing land the big challenge developers face is to sell 100% of it. They advertise to sell it and pay large commissions and incentives on it.

Also, shopping malls or large high rise should be added, multi Billion $ constructions should be added. Developers should be able to launch it and advertise before the actual construction, if the brand has good reputation with their previous quality projects it should sell without even investing the full amount.

People who are buying apartments/units/offices must pay maintenance. Developers can either open their own maintenance company or outsource them.

Just an idea
PinoX7
Level 2 user

Post by PinoX7 »

I would like to suggest a new feature for the possible Real Estate DLC

I would like to suggest a Real estate development, similar to my suggestion made in the mall suggestion.

For the Mall I suggested in the 6x6 grid, there is x9 2x2 blocks. With one administrative block used for the main features of the mall.

For a development you could have a similar 6x6 grid, that starts with a 1x1 office.

In the development it would be mostly empty land at this point, and you can either build low-cost 1x1 houses, 2x2 mansions, or even larger structures.

I was thinking maybe an HOA could be set-up in the office, and amenities for the community can be built to increase rent
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

PinoX7 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 7:42 pm I would like to suggest a new feature for the possible Real Estate DLC

I would like to suggest a Real estate development, similar to my suggestion made in the mall suggestion.

For the Mall I suggested in the 6x6 grid, there is x9 2x2 blocks. With one administrative block used for the main features of the mall.

For a development you could have a similar 6x6 grid, that starts with a 1x1 office.

In the development it would be mostly empty land at this point, and you can either build low-cost 1x1 houses, 2x2 mansions, or even larger structures.

I was thinking maybe an HOA could be set-up in the office, and amenities for the community can be built to increase rent
A quick question: how would this differ from just buying land plots and building low-rise residential buildings on them ?
Njeroe
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by Njeroe »

leveragedbuyout wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:59 am
The ability to sell property ownership of individual units in apartments and commercial buildings to the public. Buyers will take mortgage when used with Banking DLC.
I don't think it is a good idea to implement this. Running a successful consumer product business requires investments of capital and time in R&D and brand. On the other hand, real estate doesn't have any of these elements. Building an apartment and selling it for quick profit doesn't involve much strategy. When something that doesn't involve strategy is added to the game, it will only dumb down the overall gameplay.
As long as these features are optional I wouldn't mind, I think having the possibility is nice and everyone plays their game differently in that way.
Njeroe
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by Njeroe »

I'd like to suggest that we allow construction to be as realistic as possible, prices of real estate are currently cheap if you're starting up you can build many firms right away. I would like to see companies starting out in a new game lease buildings at first (to be generated at the start of the game) and perhaps buy them later on. If you want to build somewhere you first need to buy the land, then the city has to approve the permit allowing only a certain amount of firms in an area (and be in the right zone as it is right now) and it will take some time like a year. Finally you can start construction, this would take anywhere from a few months for a small building to a few years for a large one.
This would also prevent the AI from building many stores and reducing performance. It would limit the growth of the companies in the beginning allowing to game to go on for longer without getting boring very fast. Also buildings should be upgradeable and you should be able to start with a small store and build it out to a bigger one (takes time, money and you have no income when upgrading), or just improve quality and attractiveness and increase sales that way, again to use less firms overal but increase performance for the long run and still allowing large sales volume.
I would like to see this as a counterbalance against rapid growing companies plotting loads of firms throughout the city currently and just taking over the city (where are all the residents going???). It would look and feel more realistic and I think that's what we need.
David

Post by David »

Njeroe wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:08 pm I'd like to suggest that we allow construction to be as realistic as possible, prices of real estate are currently cheap if you're starting up you can build many firms right away. I would like to see companies starting out in a new game lease buildings at first (to be generated at the start of the game) and perhaps buy them later on. If you want to build somewhere you first need to buy the land, then the city has to approve the permit allowing only a certain amount of firms in an area (and be in the right zone as it is right now) and it will take some time like a year. Finally you can start construction, this would take anywhere from a few months for a small building to a few years for a large one.
This would also prevent the AI from building many stores and reducing performance. It would limit the growth of the companies in the beginning allowing to game to go on for longer without getting boring very fast. Also buildings should be upgradeable and you should be able to start with a small store and build it out to a bigger one (takes time, money and you have no income when upgrading), or just improve quality and attractiveness and increase sales that way, again to use less firms overal but increase performance for the long run and still allowing large sales volume.
I would like to see this as a counterbalance against rapid growing companies plotting loads of firms throughout the city currently and just taking over the city (where are all the residents going???). It would look and feel more realistic and I think that's what we need.
Thanks for your suggestions.

I would recommend that you create a poll for your suggestions to gauge the community's interest in it. There would be a higher chance that the dev team will implement it if the interest level is high.

You could see some examples of the polls in the Suggestions forum at viewforum.php?f=14
dark3214
Level 2 user

Post by dark3214 »

I love the idea of this DLC I hope it also gets integrated well with banking DLC (residential mortgages, commercial loans etc).Currently real-estate is a money making machine I hope this DLC adds more difficulty.I think that a good way to keep real estate companies spending is that buildings shouldn't last forever(30 years is a good number)and I want this DLC to introduce more services (maintenance(cost increase with building age) and construction companies) can function like telecoms nothing complex.Also Construction should stimulate timber, steel and furniture demand.
David

Post by David »

Update: The user feedback in the past few months has led us to the following decisions.

The implementations of the following features are scheduled to proceed:

>Shopping Mall
>More types of residential and commercial buildings with new attributes
>Hotels
>The ability to sell property ownership of individual units in apartments and commercial buildings to the public. Buyers will take mortgage when used with Banking DLC.

The following features are on hold and probably won't make their ways into the DLC unless the community see that differently and react by giving more positive feedback.

Lukewarm responses from the community:
>Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
>Mixed Use Buildings
>The ability to build a subway. Place subway stations in new locations to boost their land values.
>Land Auction - Land plots in prime locations will only be purchased when the city government auctions them.
(viewtopic.php?f=49&t=7560)

Lacking a feasible way to implement a workable UI:
>Land Leases
(viewtopic.php?f=49&t=5758)

Pending more inputs from the community to determine the design direction:
>Real construction
dark3214
Level 2 user

Post by dark3214 »

I believe (Construction and maintenance) should be a single entity. Branches can be used just like (bank branches) to cover an area for maintenance with market share determined by $ per Sq/ft or $ per Man/Hr.As for construction a slider just like telecoms for construction capacity (Higher value means more Man/Hr of work can be done but at the expense of more overhead) and the cost of construction can be shown as $ per Man/Hr.

Example of how this will work

When a player wants to build an apartment or a factory he/she will see a list of contractors with the price per Man/Hr.

Once he/she clicks on the contractor they can select the speed of construction faster means more Man/Hr thus more expensive.

After that the player can place the building on the map or multiple buildings by holding shift (keeps the same setting of construction speed and contractor)

A dotted line in the housing and commercial index can show units under construction with solid line showing current demand in order to avoid over expansion.

I really hope real construction makes it to the game It will make the game more realistic.
Kristo
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by Kristo »

Hi guys,

are there any plans for more new buildings in this DLC? If so, i have some suggestions:

[Data Center]
- building that can store data bases for a fee
[Multilevel Parking Lot] - same, but with cars
[Bussiness Park/Center] - like an office building, but with 4 slots for shops (like a mix between a mall and an office building)
[Family house] - single family house, small, cheap and affordable - both for rent and selling; not the same as mansion
[Storage spaces] - renting space for storage, for a fee
[Gated community] - large plot of land, build for rich people, consisting of 8 modern houses, each sold separately
[Venues] - a building, rented for different occasions like - weddings, sport tournaments, concerts, performances, etc. Can be small, medium and large.

also:
+ Seaports - build and operated by corporations; shown as an option in the start menu (corporations decide what to import)
+ some civil building - to become "for profit" where possible (museums, golf courses, etc)
(additional not-for-profit buildings to be added too, like swimming pool or dog parks)
+ brokerage firm - new type of firm, serving RE sector
+ house-cleaning firm - same
+ repairing services firm - same, etc

See ya