Game Run Through Prior to 2/19 Update

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
chad2320

Game Run Through Prior to 2/19 Update

Post by chad2320 »

I was testing out the banking dlc and had a few notes.

I did a recent play through as a bank, with no competition. Which was fine in the beginning, I started making lots of money due to the lack of competition and then started a few subsidiaries. Then I consolidated the market by buying out the competition and moving the assets to my subsidiaries so they could manage that. After a while I simply just made placeholder companies to prevent new competition from arising. I consolidated all my actual subsidiaries into one and had total ownership of the entire market across 3 cities. The subsidiaries prior to consolidation made 100-300m a year to the one subsidiary making 2.2B a month.

I then had a subsidiary I had never split stock on, with about 20b annual profit. This is where shit gets weird. I wanted to IPO my subsidiary, I could raise about 20B from this. But I also had never split my stock, and after splitting it a few times my new IPO amount was 700B. Crazy. Then my main business which is purely a bank saw its shares go from 1600$ a share. To 46000 a share. I then stock split that and raised 400 trillion dollars or so despite the combined income of both companies was only 30B or so a year. On 46k a share I split it like 6 or 7 times, but then at IPO my share price showed at something like $1.2M.

In addition to stock split being a bit broken, Banks have 0 limits on loans. So I could then just push all that money into my bank and go from ~100b in loans, to over 400 trillion. I was making almost 3 trillion a month at the start. This was all by year 2020 with a 1990 start date. I then consolidated my stock ownership once the stock price stabilized around $300K using the banks profits. Which after that I just ran the game untill 2070ish where my personal value was a respectable $5,000,000,000,000,000. I was not only the first trillionaire, but multi Quadrillionaire.

So overall stock split broken + Banks have 0 limits = Quadrillionaire

I also found a few bugs. When clicking the city screen sometimes I would get an error that sometimes would go away if you hit x enough and other times required restart. Then also when placing my headquarters on existing houses my game would crash, but I could place it if it was on blank ground. Also the insurance company wasn't available to me, but I could click the insurance branch even though it was blank and had the option to place it on the map.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Game Run Through Prior to 2/19 Update

Post by David »

We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) Which version of Capitalism Lab you are using. You can see the version number on the top-right of the main menu.
2) The exact steps for triggering the bug with the save game
3) If your savegame uses a MOD, please let us know the name of the MOD and the MOD's version number.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from:
C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

If your save game file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Game Run Through Prior to 2/19 Update

Post by David »

I've tested the stock split function and it worked as expected and didn't produce any abnormal results alone. I believe that it is a combination of financial actions that caused the strange behaviors. It will be helpful if you could provide us with a save game and a list of steps to reproduce the problem.
I also found a few bugs. When clicking the city screen sometimes I would get an error that sometimes would go away if you hit x enough and other times required restart.
This bug should have been fixed in the latest version 6.3.02 which can be downloaded from http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =52&t=7312
Then also when placing my headquarters on existing houses my game would crash, but I could place it if it was on blank ground.
It tested it but didn't encounter any problems. Could you please provide a savegame and let me know the exact location to build the HQ that will trigger the error?
Also the insurance company wasn't available to me, but I could click the insurance branch even though it was blank and had the option to place it on the map.
Please use the latest version 6.3.02 to have full access to insurance companies.