Few Bugs to report with latest version

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
Metaboculous
Level 2 user

Few Bugs to report with latest version

Post by Metaboculous »

Hello,

So I have noticed a few things with the latest version, these are either bugs or just oversights causing problems after road editing.

First let me give the pertinent info:

Game version Capitalism Lab version 6.2.0.6
Running the Subsidiary DLC, City Economics DLC, Digital Age DLC.

No Mods are running.

So I have not made too many new cities, still playing with layouts etc. I love being able to edit the roads so I can try different approaches. it also allows for a much more compact industrial/farming/warehousing arrangements.

One of the big appeals for me is being able to design the city - That said, I seem to be running into problems when I redo roads and then the game tries to generate more natural resources. My guess is, it has the initial snapshot of the road layout, but that is not "updated" for road edits- then causes issues as the game generates more resources. I keep getting land error messages and then game crashes. When I did my first city layout - and did a large one - that never happened - but I went back and loaded a save game from the start of that new city to try again with a much smaller footprint - now I am getting those issues, along with another one I'll try and get a screen grab of. Most likely they are the same root issue.

So Resource 1 pic shows an Iron mine on the mini map, but nothing showing up on the map itself, I deleted all the roads around the area to see if it would pop up - nada, now at certain points the game just crashs with the a "land. " something file error

The second pic just shows areas you cannot do anything with. I am guessing they are reserved for future resources.

what I am doing that might contribute to the issue --

so normally, I let the game generate the new city, and then its paused, then go redo the roads, set zoning etc. then once the initial layout is done, I place key buildings, a few retail things, mostly just civics/sports/apart/comm/media. then once happy, zone the city so AI companies don't screw up the layout, then unpause the game. Could changing zoning on an area more than once be causing some of these issues?

Thank you for your time.

Meta
Attachments
Land issue 1.jpg
Land issue 1.jpg (438.19 KiB) Viewed 1388 times
resource 1.jpg
resource 1.jpg (989.9 KiB) Viewed 1388 times
Metaboculous
Level 2 user

Re: Few Bugs to report with latest version

Post by Metaboculous »

so of course as soon as I post that and go back in and play with it, I found where the iron mine is located, see picture attached. I'll let the game run and see if the land error message pops up again, and get a capture of it.
Attachments
Land issue 3.jpg
Land issue 3.jpg (1.37 MiB) Viewed 1387 times
Land issue 2.jpg
Land issue 2.jpg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 1387 times
Metaboculous
Level 2 user

Post by Metaboculous »

ok managed to trap the land error message, this occurred when saving and exiting to windows.
Attachments
land error.jpg
land error.jpg (10.76 KiB) Viewed 1386 times
avengerbg
Level 4 user

Post by avengerbg »

On the screenshoot, the iron deposit is covered up by the park, if you demolish it even without building mine you will see it. As for not able to build roads on some places, there is landplots that are "Not avaible" doe to being at edge of water "elevated terrain" and such, sometimes when you build/demolish road it seems that land becomes one of those, i get it fixed with demolishing and rebuilding roads around.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Metaboculous wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:21 pm ok managed to trap the land error message, this occurred when saving and exiting to windows.
We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) The exact steps for triggering the bug with the save game

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from:
C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

You may email the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

If your save game file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473
Metaboculous
Level 2 user

Post by Metaboculous »

here is another error I just got in a new game .. Not sure why this one occurred, and I have not had this one before, not far into the game, no road editing..etc.. so here is a pic of it.

Also - one complaint - I've learned to take advantage of being able to edit the building description .. ie factory 0007, or mine 001 ... but one extremely annoying thing, the shortcut keys are still enabled so when you are in edit mode, typing an "A" or "a" it kicks you out to a whole new screen. Lots of stuff has A's in it. its gets old fast.

For me it makes it much easier to manage the resource link screen - by creating my own categories - like Semi-FTY-Pl, or Ar-egg, etc, then when linking its a snap to find stuff. just saves a ton of time, and clicking. but having it kill the screen your in and send you off to lala land every time you need to type an a can drive one nuts, or in the case of mines it replaces the current plan with a different one. Every building except RD/software get renamed-some building types i can escape and still have the building focus, but others it drops you to the info screen.
Attachments
another error.jpg
another error.jpg (346.87 KiB) Viewed 1361 times
Metaboculous
Level 2 user

Post by Metaboculous »

for the land.cpp error, here is the file, as soon as you go to exit to either main or windows it will cause the error. ok will have to email it trying to attach it gives an invalid file extension.
Metaboculous
Level 2 user

Post by Metaboculous »

ok sent both files to the info at enlight.com email. no idea if the auto save is close to went that occured. I had not saved the game in a while, but all I had done was setup a few factories and electronics stores, nothing much. first time that crash has ever happened.
avengerbg
Level 4 user

Post by avengerbg »

Metaboculous wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:50 am for the land.cpp error, here is the file, as soon as you go to exit to either main or windows it will cause the error. ok will have to email it trying to attach it gives an invalid file extension.
Just pack the file with rar, zip or any other archivator(any should work, but you just can use zip as safe option), and it will let you upload it.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

The bugs have been fixed in the latest version 6.2.12. You may download it from: http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =52&t=7250