Alerts

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
City Builder
Level 5 user

Alerts

Post by City Builder »

Hi David,

Do you remember when playing Capitalism 2 and you'd go into the stock market and if you played on anything but the slowest speed (although pausing was the best way) you would be bombarded with stock price change alerts that popped up in the middle of the screen and you had to press the okay button ? These popups came so fast that I couldn't even click Ok fast enough to dismiss them. It was an abysmal part of the game mechanics to notify me of something.

Well, here is my suggestion.

Every now and then we get an alert, (you can get to them by pressing the F5 key) that makes a beep noise and shows up the Alert icon at the bottom of my screen in different color shades for how severe the alert is.

Well.. This is plain and simply annoying the way that it currently works. I'll likely be doing something else entirely when I hear the alert noise. I close the factory or shop that I'm working on and press the alert button which then takes me someplace entirely different and let's me acknowledge the alert with a click on Okay, or I can go to the next or previous alert areas of the game. This is simply annoying the way that it currently works and it's either not working as intended or it needs to be changed.

I see an "ignore" and an "ignore all" button but when I click on them, I'm simply left sitting at the location of the last alert that I was viewing, ideally, when I click ignore or ignore all, it should clear the current alerts and should take me back to the place and view of what I was doing prior to pressing the alert button, so if I was viewing the outside of my coal mine when I press the ignore button it should take me back to that same exact view.

However, I'd like to make a suggestion to make it better than that.

1. When I press the alert button or press the F5 key on my keyboard what I'd actually like to see is a new message window come up with all of the alerts that I have not yet acknowledged or even seen. Then let me decide if I want to go and see what an individual alert is about, or just really "ignore" it and remove it from my list.

In this way when I am busy with something else, I can open this alert window and see if it's just the game telling me that my research on x,y and z is done and I can ignore those and continue with what I was currently doing, or if I see that one of the products that I was buying is no longer available, I can choose to go and take care of that right away.

I think doing something like this would greatly help with the flow of the game as well as make the alerts less intrusive and make it more manageable and enjoyable overall.

Please consider it if at all possible.

I know that some players will just ignore the alerts until they're ready to deal with them, but I'm one of those players that has this overwhelming feeling of dread and that I must take care of the alerts as top priority, I'm talking right this second. If I could simply open up a window that showed me what the message alerts were and choose to really ignore those alerts that are not important to me and go to an alert that I consider high priority that would be most excellent.